Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No DAB

Victory

arghhh.. so today got in the car and this screen greeted me!. FM working fine everything else fine.. but.. dab is just going round and round little loaded circle ... anyone have any ideas?

ive tried reset by pulling the fuses nothing... still the same.

20170505_143358.thumb.jpg.85fe8f9d61e888514cfbd273da494fb0.jpg

Thanks

Which fuses did you pull as there are multiple modules making up the ICE.

Might be worth disconnecting the battery to see if that helps.

i pulled 67 and 79 .. left out for 5min am wondering if i need leave it out longer to allow for the clock to reset?

Looking at the manual online, there are a couple more fuses in the boot related to ICE too.

found those have pulled those too still no joy! 

Oh no! I've got a spare ACM 😇

I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and pull it out - disconnect and reconnect.  Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if it fixes itself after a complete power down overnight.

I have noticed with mine before and after the firmware upgrade that they aren't perfect and they can be a bit buggy.  Hope it's not dead dead pal :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vibeone said:

Oh no! I've got a spare ACM 😇

I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and pull it out - disconnect and reconnect.  Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if it fixes itself after a complete power down overnight.

I have noticed with mine before and after the firmware upgrade that they aren't perfect and they can be a bit buggy.  Hope it's not dead dead pal :)

thanks ill check it out in the morning! if not ill disconnect reconnect as you say... 

hold on to that acm i may need it! !!

Did you sort?

Ariel disconnected or bad connection?

still the same i am at a loss!!!??

@vibeone how much do you want for your spare ACM? its my only other option everything else ive tried hasnt worked!!

1 hour ago, Victory said:

@vibeone how much do you want for your spare ACM? its my only other option everything else ive tried hasnt worked!!

I was gonna sell as a set with the screen that clearly you don't want.  I've got no idea how much the ACM alone is worth - make me an offer?.  You know its just a ford one right? Not sony.

To be honest i havent got a clue myself how much did you pay for it? I was think around 30 / 40 but no idea.. mine is the ford one too so no worries there it be straigt awap just wish i could fix mine.. any one have idea how conpletely clear the memory of the acm to factory reset

It's a bit complicated, I bought the ACM + (Sat nav) display for £75 without card.  Happy to go with a fair price - only interested in clawing back some of the money I spent on sat nav upgrade.

I'll not sell it for the next say... 2 weeks, so lets exhaust all options first, then I'll sort you out a good price (maybe leave it to the members here to judge?) if you need it?

Have you tried turning off dab on focccus? so its completely removed from the display, then add it back?

1 hour ago, vibeone said:

It's a bit complicated, I bought the ACM + (Sat nav) display for £75 without card.  Happy to go with a fair price - only interested in clawing back some of the money I spent on sat nav upgrade.

I'll not sell it for the next say... 2 weeks, so lets exhaust all options first, then I'll sort you out a good price (maybe leave it to the members here to judge?) if you need it?

Have you tried turning off dab on focccus? so its completely removed from the display, then add it back?

thats great im sure we can come to a price if i need it ,, appreciate you holding onto it for me in case thats brilliant!

i am going give your suggestion a try see if turning the dab off works ? i am wondering if theres a way of reloading the software onto the acm with ids but it says im fully up to date so not sure if there is as i was wondering if that might fix it.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here but I've just fitted dab in my car and it seems dab signals need power to the aerial for it to work fm does not 

wondering if it's the power to the aerial which is down ? Maybe another fuse possibly on the back of the unit ? Just a thought 

My DAB signal has been woeful over the past week or so, even with the TMC pass removed.  Was it the mk3's with the water ingress problem at the aerial base too? Just thinking out loud....

1 hour ago, vibeone said:

My DAB signal has been woeful over the past week or so, even with the TMC pass removed.  Was it the mk3's with the water ingress problem at the aerial base too? Just thinking out loud....

i hope not! i have been trying locate a fuse but no such luck.. also i think its my ACM thats gone.. just when i search same things most say they have no signal on stations etc.. ive never seen one like mind with the spinning circle.

well i have some news.. i went the the breakers thinking i could pick one up for a tenner or something or go for @vibeone 's one in couple weels.. and well ive come away with a little more than i planned on.. oops

so i have managed to bag the sony sat nav facia and the ACM for £60 quid! which to me is a bargain and "should" work i hope , i was only after the acm but seeing the nav facia there i thought i should have it.. just one thing is the vent surrounds are black so im hoping i can swap my silver ones onto it...

should get round doing i later ill let you know if i have dab back!

i hope not! i have been trying locate a fuse but no such luck.. also i think its my ACM thats gone.. just when i search same things most say they have no signal on stations etc.. ive never seen one like mind with the spinning circle.

well i have some news.. i went the the breakers thinking i could pick one up for a tenner or something or go for @vibeone 's one in couple weels.. and well ive come away with a little more than i planned on.. oops

so i have managed to bag the sony sat nav facia and the ACM for £60 quid! which to me is a bargain and "should" work i hope , i was only after the acm but seeing the nav facia there i thought i should have it.. just one thing is the vent surrounds are black so im hoping i can swap my silver ones onto it...

should get round doing i later ill let you know if i have dab back!

Obviously you'll be wanting to sell that sony sat nav facia won't you? ;)

Lucky swearword! :D

From my sat nav thread, the ACM are completely interchangable mate so you should be on to a winner.  

• Like 1

Did it fix the issue?

ok i have an update. It has indeed fixed the issue!! am very happy finally have DAB back!.. no idea what is wrong with my original ACM which is a shame as i would look to sell it but its going to go in my spares drawer.

Also fitted the Sony facia.. and it looks well good!.. sorry @vibeone i just have to keep it, i managed to swap over the vent surrounds but they were a b&"&*h to get out without damaging them.

I will probably put my original facia up for sale now.. though it now has black surrounds for the vents.. they are swappable though..

THanks to everyone who helped.. wasnt the solution i was looking for but not complaining.. still want to know what happened to my original ACM.

20170510_135219.thumb.jpg.d0d16c767ce0db96e7875c18569c5442.jpg20170510_135224.thumb.jpg.2b88e336c9b238740534a917f08f4380.jpg20170510_135230.thumb.jpg.1280d7d1da7e9151728b5689a7f97869.jpg20170510_135232.thumb.jpg.6c1efbfa36f8abbd6ec0cb132a6cfa49.jpg

Excellent news mate.  Weird ACM issue.  Maybe I should keep my spare ACM in case.  They go for quite a bit on eBay, but usually incorrectly marked as "SAT NAV ACM" or similar so maybe not worth selling just in case I have the DAB problem myself!

@vibeone personally i would keep it , even if you don't use it the price will go up they will be worth more as they are rare without sync.. i know ive been incredibly lucky to find this one, just found out interestingly that the VIN number of the car this Sony sat nav unit came from was a Focus ST3 2013 as it had the black vents these were the only cars fitted with these Sony Nav displays with less sync and black vents so it was a very rare find indeed.. to be honest slightly aggrieved that mine as a titanium didn't have the Sony as standard .. i think my build was slightly too early for that because it has some weird options like the powerfold mirrors yet this wasn't standard on the titanium.

I honestly didn't realise how rare the nav Sony was. 

If i see another one out there ill let you know!

really enjoying adding as much official extras to my car as possible, would love to do the DRL but i think taking the bumper off is past my expertise.

AETV32612002_2.jpg

@vibeone personally i would keep it , even if you don't use it the price will go up they will be worth more as they are rare without sync.. i know ive been incredibly lucky to find this one, just found out interestingly that the VIN number of the car this Sony sat nav unit came from was a Focus ST3 2013 as it had the black vents these were the only cars fitted with these Sony Nav displays with less sync and black vents so it was a very rare find indeed.. to be honest slightly aggrieved that mine as a titanium didn't have the Sony as standard .. i think my build was slightly too early for that because it has some weird options like the powerfold mirrors yet this wasn't standard on the titanium.

I honestly didn't realise how rare the nav Sony was. 

If i see another one out there ill let you know!

really enjoying adding as much official extras to my car as possible, would love to do the DRL but i think taking the bumper off is past my expertise.

AETV32612002_2.jpg

Looks good mate! Did you add sat nav in the same way I did or was it factory? Apparently the Sat Nav + Sony wasn't even an option at the very very beginning of the mk3.  I wonder if this is why you didn't have the sony? In fact I wonder if Sony + Nav was only available after Sync 1 became the norm? And it's just lucky they are all interchangable.

Know what you mean about the ACM.. I had forgot about the ACM having to be BT/VC capable as well as the FCDIM.  Most people I've spoken to seem to think BT/VC is better than the original sync anyway, since Climate functions were lost?

Maybe we can compare knowledge on the DRLs -I've love to fit the OEM system but in the same boat at you really.  I really screwed my mk2.5 titanium chrome trying to put a zetec S front on it! :D

i had sat nav from factory but it was the ford version so yeah i agree i think it only became option later on! when sync 1 came in.. strange thing is i couldnt use a sync 1 as i have the BT/VC so it had to be less sync for it to work.. there must have been a limited amount of these sony units during the changeover to sync 1. Your in a good postition though as you have the sony ACM already so all you need is any facia.. i think the facias all work i think its the ACM thats the key, less sync or sync 1

interesting reading are the mk3 brochures from 2010 and 2013 here you can see the differences and the options, funny enough the sony nav was only an option for the titanium /x and ST2/3 .. 

i agree my in laws had sync 1 and BT/VC is far better system imo so im happy with that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club