Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Diesel losing power when accelerating

Trevor1969

Hi...My 2009 Galaxy Diesel is losing power when I accelerate.  Done around 100,000 miles.

Happens in all gears, I have to build up the speed gently, but have no chance of overtaking anything :-)

Just had a similar issue on my horrible little Insignia (apologies for swearing) and it turned out to be a split intercooler hose....Could it be the same?  I wouldn't even know where to look to find out and only found Mondeo advise on the internet

Any help, advise or videos on how to fix would be appreciated - I need the car fixed before I take the family down to Yarmouth in a couple of weeks

Thanks

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert but it sounds like my old Discovery when the EGR valves were failing. It lost so much power it became a nightmare to drive. Root cause was the school run miles we were doing on it - not enough long runs to keep it unclogged.

The £950 repair bill was the last straw so I switched it for a Galaxy. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.5.2017 at 5:05 PM, Trevor1969 said:

Hi...My 2009 Galaxy Diesel is losing power when I accelerate.  Done around 100,000 miles.

Happens in all gears, I have to build up the speed gently, but have no chance of overtaking anything :-)

Just had a similar issue on my horrible little Insignia (apologies for swearing) and it turned out to be a split intercooler hose....Could it be the same?  I wouldn't even know where to look to find out and only found Mondeo advise on the internet

Any help, advise or videos on how to fix would be appreciated - I need the car fixed before I take the family down to Yarmouth in a couple of weeks

Thanks

Trevor

Can be hoses as you mention, but that normally make noise, so it should be possible to hear. is there any engine malfunction message in the dash?

Turbo, Egr valve, or air mass reader is my guesses. 

Here is a link to some help, you need to read a lot, and not only the page i linked to.

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/s-max.galaxy_2006.5_03.2006/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/303_engine/303-04h_fuel_charging_and_controls_turbocharger_2.0l_duratorq-tdci_(dw)_diesel/description_and_operation/diagnosis_and_testing/turbocharger/

chers 

Rune

• 3 months later...

Hi just bought a galaxy so new to these 2007 mk3 and i have the same issue didnt notice coming back as i was taking it steady and coming from a bmw 5 series i knew the power would not be there noticed when out going up hill it drops speed but takes ages to get to 70mph i had a code come up which was p0299 under boost or somthing would this be the same fault. Also how easy can you get yo the turbo on these sorry 2.0 tdci euro 4 engine