Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Stline 2017 paint issues owned for 3 days :(

H8XME

Hi all wondering if any one has had any experience with this sort of issue?. After washing the car for the first time and only under direct sunlight patches under the laquar are present. Also the car was delayed at the factory for some time with paint issues which may explain this issue? The car had to be fully clay bared as every panel had debris and black hair fibres in the laquar :(. The problem is I don't want a brand new car which needs the roof resprayed, as it silver which will be hard to colour match. Cheers

20170506_152443.jpg

20170506_152628.jpg

If they do offer to spray the roof, I don't see the issue.

If it had been noted at factory they'd have done the same thing and you'd never have known.

Surely better to have it fixed than waiting weeks again for another, which could come with a different problem?

my dad has exactly the same on a ford kuga in deep impact blue. you can see it in direct sunlight its as if its between the paint and the lacquer. he took it to the ford dealer they seen it so they contacted ford about repairing it under warranty and they said no.

Why did they refuse to repair!!  Fair point the new car may have different issues?. The St lines had a delay due to quality issues and they seemed to think that this is acceptable?. It is only obvious in direct strong sun light. German build quality my ***** :(

They should have picked that up on the PDI.
Go back and stamp your feet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, H8XME said:

Hi all wondering if any one has had any experience with this sort of issue?. After washing the car for the first time and only under direct sunlight patches under the laquar are present. Also the car was delayed at the factory for some time with paint issues which may explain this issue? The car had to be fully clay bared as every panel had debris and black hair fibres in the laquar :(. The problem is I don't want a brand new car which needs the roof resprayed, as it silver which will be hard to colour match. Cheers

20170506_152443.jpg

20170506_152628.jpg

I had a similar issue with a 2016 Focus that had weird stains under the clear coat on the sides.  Ford approved a respray under warranty but I rejected the car.

It's bad enough when a car is damaged and needs paint but I wouldn't accept it on a brand new car. Can't say I'm impressed with Fords quality control of how well it's dealers check new cars during psi.

If that car was New New. It is reasonable to refuse the car on poor quality paintwork.

I would be phoning head office

If You are paying via dealiership or ford finance more leeway may be there

Not acceptable even for ford.

Jamie

Hi avi

Did Ford give you a like for like replacement? 

Ford are saying it's up to the dealer to correct and the dealer is saying that Ford should correct the issue, even though the dealer had x2 occasions to spot, ultimately the fault lies with Ford. 

The problem is that the car I traded in I'd rather back if they don't replace? 

Cheers

Hi alexp

A customer of any new car shouldnt have to settle for a respray, the problem is the whole roof the boot, right rear quarter both front doors!!!! 

2 hours ago, H8XME said:

Hi avi

Did Ford give you a like for like replacement? 

Ford are saying it's up to the dealer to correct and the dealer is saying that Ford should correct the issue, even though the dealer had x2 occasions to spot, ultimately the fault lies with Ford. 

The problem is that the car I traded in I'd rather back if they don't replace? 

Cheers

Hi H8XME

I replied to your PM. Your contract of sale under Consumer Contract Regulations is with the supplying dealer not Ford.  Seek advice on Consumer Contract Regulation and how to reject a car from a supplying dealer because it is not of satisfactory quality.  By law you are not required to accept a fix if offered and can demand a full refund.  Also check if the dealer operates under an ombudsman scheme to resolve customer issues. 

It's down to the dealer to resolve any issues it has with Ford not you.

2 hours ago, H8XME said:

Hi alexp

A customer of any new car shouldnt have to settle for a respray, the problem is the whole roof the boot, right rear quarter both front doors!!!! 

You only mentioned the roof in your OP.

My point was just that resprays can happen before it even reaches you and you'd never know.

I could find something wrong with every new car from the factory. You just need to weigh up whether or not you are happy with the fix they are offering and how long it will take to get another car.

If you're not happy reject it and try again with another.

• Like 2

you would be suprised how much rectification work is done prior to delivery to customer! apparently. ;)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

Fords replaced the car due to a near full respray being needed, collected new car x2 days ago, but if just noticed this!!!! Ffs

20170908_171149.jpg

i wouldnt bother buying a lottery ticket this weekend. not with your luck.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

i wouldnt bother buying a lottery ticket this weekend. not with your luck.

3 hours ago, iantt said:

I don't know if I can bothered to give it back, it's so much grief. God knows what it is under neath the paint!!!! 

Well tbh i'd be taking it back and asking for a refund as that's poor workmanship by any standards and Ford don't seem bothered by the lack of quality otherwise you wouldn't of found that this time round ..

• Like 1