Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill Start Assist Retrofit - Fail

dans34

was looking around Forscan and enabled HIll Start Assist , unfortinuatly it seams my car doesn't support it as  , The lights for ABS & Traction control are light up

Tried to get back into the PCM programing from forscan but it doesn't even appear in the list anymore & when trying to clear the DTC it says "cant read DTC"

I'm assumeing this is a take it to ford solution  , anyone have any idea how much its going to cost to get them to disable to hill start assist that I turned on  ?

regards

Dan

Have you tried going into Focccus and turning it off using that?

will download this and report back in morning

focccus will do it.

when you have enabled hill start assist you then have to go to ABS and initialise it to get the hill start to work or you will get the lights on the dash. as ian said use focccus its easier activating it with that.

• Like 1

You should also be aware that not all software versions of the ABS module support Hill Start Assist. Early Focus MK3 versions can have an older software version that does not support this function. In this case the Hill Start Assist function can only be activated after the ABS module software has been updated.

Do not try to update the ABS module software with the FoCCCus software. In most cases this will brick the ABS module. I recently had to recover/reprogram an ABS module for someone who bricked the ABS module when he tried to update the ABS module software. 

• 4 years later...

Anybody can explain open the hill assist on 2014 focus with forscan ? For a recruit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club