Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch clunk help please

Stlinemull

Hi everyone my car is a 2016 st line and have covered 12k. I am noticing when I am in slowing moving traffic in which I am in first gear moving slowly then stopping then moving again there i clunk coming from the passenger front. It doesn't do it all the time normally when the clutch is lifted quicker rather than slowly. Doesn't sound right to me should be able to lift the clutch quick for quicker gear changes many thanks for anyones help 

To be honest modern ford gearboxes are a clunky our 2010 Focus clunks on taking up and drive and so does our 2014 ford cmax with a 6 speed box.  I think its just how they are.  However if you are concerned I would take it into Ford while its under warranty.

Yeh go back to the dealer I would be so angry if ibought an St and it was like that.

That will be the differential (Inside the Gearbox) taking up slack.

My gearbox does that (focus tdci st)

My previous 1.6 tdci tit x did that.

Jamie

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

thank you guys so is it nothing to worry about i think I will book it in and double check cheers thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club