Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**PLEASE HELP** Ford Focus engine problem

moorea

Hi, my Focus (1.6 petrol 10 plate) whilst on the motorway started making a loud noise from the engine and when i went under 10mph my car kept stalling/cutting out, when i opened up the bonnet it was vibrating excessively.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Depends on the noise to be honest does it knock when you rev it up and the let the revs drop if it does I expect you have ran it low on oil.  So my first check would be the oil level.  If the oil level is ok when was it last changed.  To be honest  we need more information on the noise is it a knocking or tapping noise does it occur when under load or when you come off the throttle.

• Like 1

it might only be running on 3 cylinders (which would cause it to vibrate) but there are many many things which would cause that from minor to major.

Hole in a piston, a problem with the valves, spark plug blew out because it wasn't done up etc etc etc

• Like 2

Could be the coil pack or fault spark plug 

• Like 1

If you suspect a hole in the piston then you will need to do a compression test hope it's just a coil pack or plug 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club