Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Arnie2408

Rear door alignment

Hi

I've had my Edge for a couple of months now and have only recently noticed that the rear passenger door does not seem to be aligned as perfectly as the driver's side.  The door closes fine but  it definitely doesn't look as closed as the other side.  Could this have recently happened or should I have noticed it sooner?

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems and hasnt leaked when I've cleaned it.  Should I get it looked at under the warranty or is there some simple adjustment needed?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks  Paul 

I heard of this problem on some Audi A3's I recall  the adjustment was done on warranty,

I have the same issue on my driver's side rear door.  I'm not unduly worried about it and have spoken to my dealer on the phone who will look at it whenever I feel like popping in.  It'll be done under warranty.  I wouldn't touch it myself without knowing what I'm doing in case I ***** it up and invalidate the warranty.

My Rear door was also way out of alignment , took it back to dealer who sorted it but its still not 100%. picture is the rear door trim. Measured gap between front and rear door started at 6mm at top opening up to 14mm at bottom.

20161114_115533.jpg

20161125_100019.jpg