Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk 2.5 Cruise Control not working

kurt6

Hi there, created this topic under the general discussion which is not probably the right spot for it so here we go again: 

I have a 2009 Focus Titanium and the cruise control does not work at all (no lights, nothing). I've replaced the clutch switch, brake switch and now just replaced the steering wheel clock spring. But still no luck. Also the airbag warning/check light does not come on when starting up the engine. Airbag fuse is ok, can't find the fuse for CC (does not exist in the manual). Anyone with any ideas what else to check or should I just go to the dealer?

May be worth checking it is enabled in Elmconfig, also checking the airbag module is ok (connected) and correct airbags enabled.

Elmconfig is a configuration programme which allows you to program the individual features of your car. You need an elm adapter that is suitably modified (£15) and a laptop or windows tablet you can plug usb devices into. There are lots of threads on here about them if you search - you could use Forscan with the same cable to see if the retraints module is in fact in place also

You can test whether the switches are connected correctly by using the GEM self-test.
Hold down the heated rear screen button when inserting your key and then turn it to position II. It should beep. Release the button. Every time you press a switch or button it will beep. This should help narrow down the issue a little.
I don't wish to be patronising but are you fully aware of how the cruise control works? It should also be noted that it won't work under 20 or 30 mph dependent on model.

19 hours ago, Dan P said:

I don't wish to be patronising but are you fully aware of how the cruise control works?

Good question. I found the User Manual very vague on the operation of the CC on my Mk3 and eventually had to work it out by trial and error. It's quite simple once you understand it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club