Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK3 De-Gas Hose split

Spikecast

when is the reg date of your car?

I believe July 2012.

That's well within the recall dates and should have been done. The only reference is "plastic replace" and "rubber don't replace"
And yours is definitely plastic.

I'm looking forward to hearing what excuse Jennings will come up with on Monday, there no excuse really as to why it wasn't done.

Quick update, phoned Jennings who were  rather rude and offered no explanation as to why the pipe was not changed. Basically they've sourced a pipe from another branch and fitted it and claim the car is fine and that it's been checked over. They are dropping the car off at my home address which is the only decent thing they've done. Going to be submitting a complaint, at the very least they should be investigating why it wasn't done.

Got the car back, all seems well so far. I've checked and it's clearly the new pipe as it's rubberised. I will get a pic posted tomorrow as it's been chucking it down. I'm still going to push for some sort of compensation from Jennings.

good to hear its sorted, and you were very lucky you found it leaking on the drive.

11 hours ago, iantt said:

good to hear its sorted, and you were very lucky you found it leaking on the drive.

Thanks mate, yes it's really lucky that I spotted it when I did and it must have gone as the Mrs Pulled up, it seems to be running perfect so fingers crossed no longer term effects. Here are some pics of the amended pipe:

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

• Like 1

Car is back at Jennings as we speak. Checked everything today and noticed a few spots of coolant, felt around the side and underneath the coolant tank and it's wet so I suspect @iantt was correct with the tank having some sort of microcracks and would explain why my coolant has been dropping over time. Will report back :)

Thanks for mentioning me but thanks should go to@jw1982 as he said about the cracks.

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Thanks for mentioning me but thanks should go to@jw1982 as he said about the cracks.

Thanks to you both :) I've got the car back and it's got the new tank fitted, all good so far but that explains another reason why my coolant was dropping. Had my mechanic check it all over and he's happy there's nothing wrong that he can see. Jennings are a appalling service-wise, I will be contacting head office in due course.

Hopefully your engine didn't get to hot when it lost most of its coolant.

9 minutes ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Hopefully your engine didn't get to hot when it lost most of its coolant.

It's looking like I had a lucky escape no thanks to Jennings! These ECO engines run hot at the best of times!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club