Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chassis / Suspension Info

D13 HPD 95

As per title, SUMMIT racing do some nice additional chassis support products, i know all they will tell me i need to have these because they want sales - now do they aid or add anything to the handling of the car - as a fast road with possible track day use once or twice a year for fun would i be of any benefit in spending £££ on them? 

I thought about this on my car. If you want the very best handling and the last once of stability then this will help a lot .But!!!!  if the car is pretty much standard performance  with only moderate engine mods and  standard suspension etc then would this actually be something you would notice on a day to to day basis probably little or   likely not. With a modified and uprated suspension and big engine mods for track day or rally then yes definitely that way you would get the best handling you would need as seconds count. On my car in the end I just changed the front and back anti roll bars for much beefier adjustable ones and the front and rear shocks and springs (3stage adjustable) much better and does what I needed this of course may be not what you want.

10 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

I thought about this on my car. If you want the very best handling and the last once of stability then this will help a lot .But!!!!  if the car is pretty much standard performance  with only moderate engine mods and  standard suspension etc then would this actually be something you would notice on a day to to day basis probably little or   likely not. With a modified and uprated suspension and big engine mods for track day or rally then yes definitely that way you would get the best handling you would need as seconds count. On my car in the end I just changed the front and back anti roll bars for much beefier adjustable ones and the front and rear shocks and springs (3stage adjustable) much better and does what I needed this of course may be not what you want.

Gizza, cheers for that, im planning on getting the front and rear upper struts at least, with a stiffer rear anti roll bar, i have lowered springs with standard shocks, not standard performance but by no means a rally race car spec engine, do you need to change the front anti roll bar? as i thought changing the front increased understeer? in the future ill be looking at coilovers with adjustable shocks but for now its not planned 

i would just change the rear anti roll bar. on the mazda3 (esentially a ford focus underneath with ford stamped on the suspension parts) an adjustable rear arb transformed the handling. on the track it out handled and quicker lap times than the boys who had gone all out on suspension mods and more bhp. enough said!! lol

• Like 2

cheers iantt :) 

do you need to change the front anti roll bar?

Probably not I did it just to see what it did basically TBH the rear was enough and made a big difference As Iantt says it will transform the handling with this alone>I changed the struts and springs as I wanted a more flatter cornering response as  the standard ST springs it rolled a bit on cornering and I wanted more RS type flatter cornering >When changed it flattened it out a lot. Suspension is a fine art and is really your choice

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club