Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 FIESTA HEATER PROBS.

Andy52

Can anybody give me some tips on how to get my heater working please. The system is full of fresh water/antifreeze mix, but i have no heat from the heating system. Blower works fine, so i was wondering if there might be an airlock somewhere, if so how do i clear it? Do i go to the pipes that go through the bulkhead ? It is the zetec S 1.25 16 valve engine fitted with aircon. didnt have this problem with my previous mk4, which was running the same engine , but without the aircon.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Possibly try a heater core flush? You'd be suprised at the amount of crap that will spill out of it, especially if it is an older car

Probably the Heat Control Valve has seized, very common on the mk4/mk5. If you remove the partition where those 2 pipes go, you will see the heater control valve. Its that black thing the 2 pipes go in. By a new one on eBay, about £10.

Just showing you this as an example, you need to make sure you buy the right one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-CONTROL-VALVE-7N2118495AC-FOR-FORD-FIESTA-KA-PUMA-TRANSIT-/122005724696?hash=item1c681b9e18:g:onIAAOSwOVpXUpVC

• Like 1

Note that a lot (most?) of the aftermarket heater control valves are very poor quality and don't last long (been there done that!) so do weigh up if they might represent a false economy against the genuine Ford component which costs ~£40. Of course, even the genuine article is not immune to failure but they usually give at least several years service

Thanks for the tips folks. I do have a spare control valve that came off my 96 mk4. Will give that a go, and flush through at the same time. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Never had a Ford before with a crappy heater, always relied on ford's for having good heaters. :-? 

• 4 months later...

Well i finally got around to sorting out the heater problem. Yes it was the heater control valve. Replaced with the genuine ford one from my previous fiesta, flushed the system through, and yay!!!! i now have a working heater. Its so nice to have warmth now the nights are getting colder. Kids appreciate it too. :laugh:

Thanks to everyone for the advice. greatly appreciated.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club