Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Fiesta 1,0 EcoBoost Zetec S Spare Wheel Question

chrisjw

Unfortunately, the repair kit/ spare wheel was missing when I bought the car, which didn't bother me too much. as I thought I would just supply it myself.  However, I did get conned into the old "GuardX" detailing to be applied to the car prior to collection & a kit of the same was supplied with the car which included the aerosol foam.  I would prefer to buy a full size spare alloy & tyre, but have been told that it doesn't fit precisely into the wheel well.  Therefore, a space saver seems to be the only other option.  Can someone confirm the exact size I need for my car.

Many thanks

Chris.

A full size 17inch wheel will fit the wheel well., it will stick up about 3cms above the floor. Not the end of the world. You can like I have done make a false floor to compensate. Basic school woodwork tecniques, oh, they don't do woodwork any more do they, can't do it with sticky back plastic. 25mm timber and 6 mm plywood, sprayed black with a rattle can.

Any space saver wheel from a Festa will fit, but you are limited to speed and distance, so will have to get your puncture repaired asap.

Look at the top of the Fiesta forum homepage and click on ford partd, find wheels in the sun categories and take your pick.

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

There are stacks of them for sale on eBay - just search on Fiesta spacesaver.  I got one for my BMax and it fits in the spare wheel well beautifully without "sticking up". You can then discard all the foam bottles etc but keep the pump as it's very useful.

• Like 1

the correct spacesaver for most fiestas is a 175/65/14 wheel/tyre.  It is not a skinny space saver like you get with some cars. It is the same size as the full size wheels you get on the 'studio' fiestas and all of the 'econetic' diesels (which I have).  So speed should be limited when using it as it is not the same as you full size wheels but it is much better than those skinny spacesavers.   It will fit in the spare wheel well properly without sticking up.  Loads on eBay - although not all will have pressure sensor in as that style of spare has been used in fiestas for the last 15 years. and that means that if it is an 'unused' one out of the boot of a crashed car it may have quite an old tyre on it.

All tyres made within about the last 30 years have the week and year of manufacture moulded in the side (only on one side, not both sides).

I would rather have a full size spare matching the wheels on the car but for you that is going to involve much more cost.

• Like 1

If you want to buy a 175-65-14 spare and jack, both new, PM me.

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

p.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club