Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do I stop the interior rattling?

NQbbe

I'm currently driving my 3rd Fiesta mk 7.5, and this has been a problem in all 3 of them. The interior right above the radio (the part with the display really) is rattling like crazy.

Sometimes I can make it stop ever so briefly by gently pressing down on it. I'm figuring it's because of two different types of hard plastic being too close to each other.

So I was hoping someone in here figured out how to fix the problem :-)

• Like 1

iv got this problem too, after i wrapped my glossy radio bits carbon and then took it off, in the process i lost one screw down near inside the car somewhere, i bought a pack of screws from b&q and but ever since its been rattling iv  now learned to deal with it, come to think of it while reading your post, i may have a go at butting some foam strips where the seam is, see that helps.

Mine's never even been taken apart, it's just been rattling since new. Foam sounds like a decent idea - are there any guides on disassembling it on the forum somewhere?

not sure but get some plastic trim removal tools (£10 ish) to stop denting or scratching with the likes of a screwdriver, and go round the edges lifting it up, you'll hear the popping of the clips coming out, near the windscreen them two clips are the hardest, you have to come from the side due to the tool not reaching, and work at it till it pops back.

ill be buying some sticky backed foam soon.

Don't buy a Ford? Lol.

No but all my Ford's have rattled, if it's really bad I go on the hunt with some fabric tape, the stuff they wrap around cables.

• Like 1

I have quite a few as well. the dash creaks and rattles in a few places, there is a rattle behind me somewhere, not sure where. there was a rattle coming from the A pillar covers which the dealer removed and reseated, this seems to have helped that a bit.  The problem is everytime I take it in to get looked at they can never hear them :wacko:

• Like 1

as above, don't buy a ford if you don't want rattles and squeaks. they're All terrible for it 

the good fun you get out of thhem accounts for that tho 

2 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

don't buy a ford if you don't want rattles and squeaks. they're All terrible for it

I can't say I've had much fun recently haha, just large repair and parts bills. The odd bit of fun I get is usually accompanied with a bill hence the cars going next month :p

On 2017-5-16 at 2:50 PM, NQbbe said:

I'm currently driving my 3rd Fiesta mk 7.5, and this has been a problem in all 3 of them. The interior right above the radio (the part with the display really) is rattling like crazy.

I ended up putting silicone grease around the edges of my display trim and it solved the problem for me. If that doesn't work then remove it, apply foam tape and re seat it.

On 2017-5-17 at 1:38 PM, ayrshiredude said:

there is a rattle behind me somewhere, not sure where. there was a rattle coming from the A pillar covers which the dealer removed and reseated

Rattles in the back are a nightmare in the three door because removing the rear quarter trim is a pain. I bit the bullet and removed both, filled them with sound proof foam and taped all the wiring down. 

It's worth taking the A pillar trim off to have a look as it's really easy to do. It clips in at the top and is then hooked into the dash at the bottom. Get in there and tape the wiring loom down is my advice.

• Like 1

to be fair my last 2 cars, Zetec s and ST were both fine which makes this one seem worse.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club