Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iB5 Gearbox

Richdot

Hi chaps Bought a mk2.5 focus last weekend got some questions about the IB5 gearbox from what I have read not the best of gearboxes icon_smile_sad.gif

Don't have any problem with the gearbox selecting any gear including reverse no problems.

But the Reverse noise on the car, Don't recall hearing this in any other gear but while reversing backwards it sounds like a dry bearing the pitch of the noise is nothing I have heard in anyother car I have had before mostly diesels to be honest 2.0tdi's

Thoughts?

My focus has the IB5 yours sounds normal.

1 hour ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

My focus has the IB5 yours sounds normal.

Ok do you hear that like whine noise while in reverse ? sort of hear it more in low revs. I can't hear it in any other gear only reversing gear

I thought all cars whine in reverse ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes mine whines in reverse.  The IB5 also whines in first gear aswell you might also hear a slight whine in 4th gear aswell.  Both focuses ive had where all the same.

• Like 1

Yeah taken it to my mechanic he seems to think it was normal as well ... horrible reverse gear noise really to be honest but if thats what it is. It is what it is!! :smile:

mine whines in reverse

19 hours ago, dezwez said:

mine whines in reverse

Yeah seems like most of them do it, if not all of them... strange noise something I have never experienced on a car before sounds like a rally car in reverse ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club