Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Headunit-->Cruise Control

Strutter

Hey, does anyone who has done this, or know of,if I swap out the original headunit for a new aftermarket one, what all impact that could have on the steering controls?

Not so much  worried about the volume buttons, but things like Cruise control etc.

The cruise control is completely independent of the audio system. The only commonality is that they both happen to have controls housed on the steering wheel.

• Like 2

That good to know..was hard to tell from some diagrams, awsome that means I can take everything apart and do a complete install!

Double dins look absolutely awful in the fiesta mk7/7.5 

Have you considered fitting the Sony sat Nav unit? 

Cruise control is completely separate 

• Like 1

Still looking to go ahead with it as Im more concerned about sound over looks to be honest *S*

Thing is there is definitely some better looking conversions, seen some that sit the screen up alittle more and people using the original " cheap" looking back tray and removing the original screen panel altogether.

***** hard to find them though!

The Sony unit has extremely good output quality unless you're spending a decent amount on a double dip (correction, DIN 😂) you're not gonna notice the difference 

Edited by GingerFlame
auto correct and I have a complicated relationship

@GingerFlame maybe have a read over your last post, autocorrect is not always your friend [emoji87]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

@GingerFlame maybe have a read over your last post, autocorrect is not always your friend emoji87.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.. I really didn't see that one coming. I'm gonna leave it and place the correction next to it hahaha 😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strutter said:

Even for after market 6'5 compontent speakers in the front and a Sub output for the back?

Yes the quality will be more than enough, I'd guess you'll be running a separate amp for the sub? (I'd hope...) 

And will you also be installing a separate amp for the door Speakers? All I can think is that a high end double DIN such as pioneer which I've used before May be more powerful for the doors but it depends what you need. But quality wise it's more than enough. The STs that have the Sony unit and Speakers sound more than spot on, and there's an improvement by changing out the Sony Speakers suggesting it has more to give 

Think ill need to see what unit you mean, as after seeing the breakdown for it it reall wasnt very good in terms of quality.

Cool will take a look.

You dont also happen to know where I would get an Edge style top tray that would go where the housing would sit for the main screen do you? lol

Ford, fordpartsuk or local scrappy 

Are these sony nav units a straight swap for the sony DAB? :ph34r:

13 hours ago, L22EEW said:

Are these sony nav units a straight swap for the sony DAB? :ph34r:

Should be. Buy that one and I won't be happy as I've my eyes on it for when I sell the car 😂

On 2017-5-22 at 7:45 PM, GingerFlame said:

Should be. Buy that one and I won't be happy as I've my eyes on it for when I sell the car 😂

Nah not going to buy it.  As I use the Waze app on my phone anyway.  Always upto date maps, shows traffic, etc. etc.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking more into this...the Sony head unit has the same issue as most if not all factory fitted units.

They are deigned to have limiters in place on the lower frequencies as you push the volume up to protect the Speakers and sound quality.

Hence im going to stick with the after market and mod it into the dash board better.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I went and got everything.

This evening..swapping out the HU, I got it hooked up..all working..good show.

However the upper screen is displaying the clock time...thats fine..then its jumping to the cars menu screen...its stays there a moment..then it bounces back to teh time...and repeat.

Anyone any ideas about that?

hope this makes sense 

unplug the power loom from the box of tricks and the box of tricks from the screen then plug the box of tricks into the screen then the power loom into the box of tricks this worked for me with my connects2 kit

please pot pics of the finished installation would be intreseted to see if fitment is any diffrent to mine

Ill post what I can, ill put it all up at once.

"box of tricks" I assume you mean the Connect 2 little black box?

So its really about the order in which things are connected, so unplug everything for the upper screen.

Then, plug the Black Box FIRST into the screen, then the Ford factory power loom into the box of tricks?

yes the one all the wires plug in to 

Here we go..all in..working.

Still have to sort the 6.5 components but will sort that next weekend.

Hazzrad switch is in the post.

In-car-2_zpsgfbkue1n.jpg

Sub-back_zps55l3s1ds.jpg