Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powerstart Interior Key Dock

Iamnotthestig

New to the forums, Hi.

Not picked my focus up yet but I already know not having anywhere to put my key will annoy me. Considering I've got to get the key out of my pocket to unlock the car I would like somewhere to put it, in the car, rather than sitting on it in my pocket. 

Is there anything out there that resembles a dock/holder for any of the compartments rather than letting the key rattle round?

If it's keyless start will it not be keyless entry as well?
You have a cubbyhole under the aircon control panel and a tray under the armrest, buy a rubber key cover and that would reduce rattling anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's keyless start will it not be keyless entry as well?
You have a cubbyhole under the aircon control panel and a tray under the armrest, buy a rubber key cover and that would reduce rattling anyway.

I was hoping for some sort of insert for the cubbyhole under the aircon panel. I could maybe cut an insert out of foam. but then its getting the finish right.

The bit in front of the gearstick has a soft touch rubbery base, so it shouldn't rattle there.

When I had keyless start without entry, I used to position the keys in my pocket such that the buttons were facing out and  I could just hit the unlock button as I walked to the car without taking them from my pocket.

Totally understand.
As a smoker I like my tabs and lighter to hand so made a foam insert to go into the front end of my cup holder cubby area.
It makes grabbing a smoke and lighting up one handed easier and safer.
A bit of closed cell foam (like the type used for hiking sleep mats) is easy to cut to any shape/size you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so instead of making some sort of holder I've gone for a magnetic holder.

put a magnet on the center console near the gear stick and a corresponding magnetic sticker on the back of my key - hey presto - somewhere to put my key quickly and easily without it being in pocket and it's visible so I won't get out of the car without it.

Pics later

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club