Do Not Sell My Personal Information

software update

shamus1

hi guys does anyone in the know be able to tell me if there are any recent software updates for the pcm powertrain on a 2014 focus 2.0 tdci manual,if so what does the software update solve many thanks guys.

• Like 1

Hi Shane

I cant answer "Your" question but "Ford" will not update it unless

There is an issue or Fault that requires the software to be updated.

I can say however that usually a software update may give your car better fuel consumption, perhaps iron out some flat spots, but dont expect wonders,

Jamie

• Like 2

Ford does not have a changelog included with the software files. Because of this the changes and/or improvements of a new software version are basically unknown.

high thanks for your reply the thing is I have a older focus 2.0tdci 140 which would wipe the floor with my latest focus 2.0 tdci 163 both have same engine.the 163 you have to really hammer it to get it going,i have just had a full ford service on it and asked them at the time about software updates but as you said  because no warning light on they were not interested,i have checked etis ford and it does say there is a software update for powertrain but it does not say what its for?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shamus1 said:

high thanks for your reply the thing is I have a older focus 2.0tdci 140 which would wipe the floor with my latest focus 2.0 tdci 163 both have same engine.the 163 you have to really hammer it to get it going,i have just had a full ford service on it and asked them at the time about software updates but as you said  because no warning light on they were not interested,i have checked etis ford and it does say there is a software update for powertrain but it does not say what its for?

glad i have been of help.

There is another way of updating software but its not authorised and may "Brick" your car (Brick ie like a locked out or inoperative phone)

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club