Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tdci injectors change no power.

furry vandal

Hi gents and ladies

I have a 2006 ghia x mondeo 130 tdci and it started playing up as diesel knock and lumpy on tick over but when booted a bit and turbo kicks in went really well. No smoke at all. Clean air filter and fuel filter.

No management light on.   I have the forscan software so plugged it in and no codes found.

Did a leak of test on the injectors and found one was bad in cyl 3. Changed all 4 for reconditioned ones and recoded them using the forscan.

Now the car starts but sounds like it is running on two cylinders and it will not rev at all so I thought I had entered the codes wrong and rechecked all is correct I am 99.9% sure it is.

It still ran rough so I thought have I been sent dodgy injectors. I started the car and pulled the power plug from no4 cylinder and it cut out instantly same on cyl 3 but 2 and 1 made no difference didn't cut out and ran the same lumpy and won't rev.

Now I am under the impression it is not so much the wiring to the plug but the injectors which are faulty as the wiring worked fine before I replaced the injectors.

Tomorrow I am going to replace cyl 1 and 2 with 2 of the old injectors recode and see what happens.

Has anyone had this fault before?  How possible is it the recon injectors are faulty?  Also using the forscan it has an option at the bottom of the page when reprogramming to swap from ALL to PCM not sure what this means so help if possible would be appreciated please.

And lastly is it possible the delivery company of the injectors have thrown them around a van and damaged the coils inside them hence they don't work? Is it easy to damage the coils?

All sorted now runs like a dream just being on a 50 mile trip and averaged 51.6 mpg with two adults and two kids on board. Sweet as.

What did you do?

On 18/05/2017 at 6:19 PM, furry vandal said:

And lastly is it possible the delivery company of the injectors have thrown them around a van and damaged the coils inside them hence they don't work? Is it easy to damage the coils?

I would not have thought it was easy to damage the coils, unless extremely badly packed. I have felt the vibration on my diesel at idle, and it is really quite severe on the engine itself, so the injectors must be designed for this very hostile environment. Yes, delivery vans are also a hostile environment, I have seen the way they are driven ohmy.pnglaugh.png. But not that hostile.

Damage to the injector nozzles, or dirt getting in to the inlets, are more likely to happen in packing, transit or even installation.

Like pragmatix said, was it bad replacement injectors?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club