Do Not Sell My Personal Information

car security

steve1312

can anyone recommend a steering wheel lock for the fiesta mk7.5 I have keyless ignition and entry and don't wont to become another fiesta owner to have their pride and joy stolen so would like to add a bit more off a visual security device to hopefully put off would be car thieves .

Disklok, small size.

move the OBD port from its mount and get a dummy one to go in its place.

• Like 7

not shore how to go about moving the OBD port but will look at the disklok , thanks

It's in the cubby below the light switch, use a screwdriver to push the tabs in at the side and it will pop out, if you squeeze the sides of the cubby door in it will drop down and you can push the port up out of the way, takes very little time and stops a thief plugging in easily. 

• Like 3

cheers mate I will have a look at the weekend

And a good alarm with proximity and SMS function, so you'll know about it before they even lay hands innyour car.

• Like 1

Hi Karl46 do you have one of these fitted to your car  and if yes what price are you looking at to buy and have installed thanks steve 1312

47 minutes ago, steve1312 said:

Hi Karl46 do you have one of these fitted to your car  and if yes what price are you looking at to buy and have installed thanks steve 1312

Yes I do have one fitted. The cost to buy is £125, £165 fitted. Well made and "Sold Secure" from Thatcham. You can fit it yourself, around 30 minutes if they send the correct instructions and you have done a course in gynacology.

They will never break in to it. Its made from drawn steel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK7-OBD-Port-Protection-Device-OBD-Protector-2009-2015-/222516641554?hash=item33cf067f12:g:ZBQAAOSw~OVWvHgu

The photo on this listing is not how it looks when fitted to the vehicle.

I have one of these:

post-62796-142852528181_thumb.jpg

Along with a few other hidden surprises 

Disclok for me, had it donkeys.  Also have a pedal lock for when its parked overnight.

It annoys me somewhat when people don't secure their property, using some rubbish like "if they want it that bad they'll take it" excuse, and who then moan like crazy and blame the police when it does go walkies.

• Like 1

Yeah but a disclock can be removed in seconds if they want to, without the use of an anglegrinder. Hence goes the saying, if they want it bad enough they're gonna take it 

All we can do is make it less attractive to steal by adding the above ideas ^

The ghost alarms where you have to press buttons of your choice as a passcode to start the car are a good idea but don't stop a determined their towing or lifting your car away (apart dorm the alarm sounding) 

Nothing is thiefproof. as you say if they want it they will get it. It's your job to make it as difficult as possible so they will look elsewhere.

It takes more than a few seconds to remove a Disklok, even with a battery disc cutter. There is a utube video from a Landrover Dfender site showing this and it's not as easy as you think.  But with a Disklok they cannot tow your car away. The steering lock is not infallable, easily broken. The perimeter alarm is disabled when they unlock your door.  Cars are stolen every day.

To start the car they need access to the OBD port (unless you have keyless start, worst idea possible)  Secure the OBD port, you never need access to it on a daily basis..

That only leaves towing. loading onto a trailer or lifitng. Apart from chaining down not much you can do about it,  But at least you have tried and won't be alarmed when you get up in the morning. or see you car being driven away at 1 o/c in the morning., and all the hassle of personal property , increased premiums and being carless.

Proximity alarm with SMS function...they won't get within 2 metres of the vehicle without you knowing about it in seconds.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club