Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered it at last.

vectra

Now for the wait to collection date ( August 10th hopefully )

This is the spec.

Ford Mondeo ST-Line X 2.0 150PS 5dr

Frozen white Paint

19" 5x2 Rock Metallic Alloy Wheels

Ford  LED Adaptive Headlamps

Rear Privacy Glass 

Rear Spoiler

4-Way Head Restraint 
Winter Pack Plus – (Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Front Seats)
Active City Stop

Rubber boot mat/Floor mats Rubber/Moulded Mudflaps

Very nice. You will love the LED headlights, they are amazing! Make sure we get photos of it when it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Very nice. You will love the LED headlights, they are amazing! Make sure we get photos of it when it arrives.

Thanks
Yes, I have been told by several people that these lights are simply fantastic.
I havr static LED in my current car so looking forward to another jump up again.

Plenty of Pics promised.

• Like 1

sounds great :smile:

• Like 1

I have to say, I've found the normal headlights to be really bright at night, I think along with the other tweaks Ford have made (Steering seems a little sharper than the demo I drove, SYNC 3, Low washer warning, LED DRL in the bumper, standard equipment level etc) to the 17 model, they must have done something with the lights too, I was expecting to be totally blind at night, but I've been on unlit roads at night, and can have no complaints about the quality of light I've had.

All that being said, I would rather have the really cool LED lights :-)

Oh, there is one negative thing so far........They seem to have removed the wee animation for the TFT needles when you start the car.  In all the demo videos Ive seen, they sort of load from the middle to the dial, with mine, they just appear.  Not really a negative functionally, but I thought that looked cool.

• Like 1

I've no complaints about the headlights on mine either, but then again I've never experienced LED lights. Not sure if my Titanium has the low washer warning (it was built June 2016) must let the bottle get empty... or maybe go and look for the sensor...

My main beefs are around the SatNav and radio system compared with my old MK4.

When getting TA announcements, the old system used to display the station name, the new system doesn't. I get TA from so many stations on my daily commute, only one of which is of real interest. Now I have to listen for a while to work out which station is broadcasting, rather than being able to cancel the useless ones instantly. Also I haven't found a way of cancelling from the steering wheel controls whereas 'OK' did on the old system, so now I have to reach over and touch the screen!.

The old system used to give audio announcements of TMC messages, the new system doesn't, it only shows then in a list. So unless you're in guidance mode on the Nav you have no idea that there may be traffic disruptions locally.

• Like 1

I fotgot to ask the dealer
On the sync3 unit.
If I play music from usb for instance. Does it show a pic of the artist on the screen ? My current one does.
Also,
Contacts from my phone, are pics of those shown on screen as well?
Thanks

9 hours ago, vectra said:

Now for the wait to collection date ( August 10th hopefully )

This is the spec.

Ford Mondeo ST-Line X 2.0 150PS 5dr

Frozen white Paint

19" 5x2 Rock Metallic Alloy Wheels

Ford  LED Adaptive Headlamps

Rear Privacy Glass 

Rear Spoiler

4-Way Head Restraint 
Winter Pack Plus – (Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Front Seats)
Active City Stop

Rubber boot mat/Floor mats Rubber/Moulded Mudflaps

Nice spec. Love my adaptive headlights. Cos my car was already built it already had the adaptive headlights (thankfully). Got mine for £350 😀

Did you not fancy the Park Assist? 

Must have for me at £150

I was pleased also that the ST X gets the Titanium clocks 😀👍

When is your expected delivery? 

14 minutes ago, vectra said:

On the sync3 unit.
If I play music from usb for instance. Does it show a pic of the artist on the screen ? My current one does.
Also,
Thanks

If you use CarPlay, the album art is barely visible behind the audio control screen (play, pause etc).  Apple's idea is that you're not distracted by the art.  No idea how Spotify, amazon music or Google music handle it.

I have played music from my iPhone without CarPlay being enabled and yes, the album art appears on the screen.  From memory I think it was like a snapshot on the right hand side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kylinski said:

Nice spec. Love my adaptive headlights. Cos my car was already built it already had the adaptive headlights (thankfully). Got mine for £350 😀

Did you not fancy the Park Assist? 

Must have for me at £150

I was pleased also that the ST X gets the Titanium clocks 😀👍

When is your expected delivery? 

Park Assist is awesome..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

I've no complaints about the headlights on mine either, but then again I've never experienced LED lights. Not sure if my Titanium has the low washer warning (it was built June 2016) must let the bottle get empty... or maybe go and look for the sensor...

My main beefs are around the SatNav and radio system compared with my old MK4.

When getting TA announcements, the old system used to display the station name, the new system doesn't. I get TA from so many stations on my daily commute, only one of which is of real interest. Now I have to listen for a while to work out which station is broadcasting, rather than being able to cancel the useless ones instantly. Also I haven't found a way of cancelling from the steering wheel controls whereas 'OK' did on the old system, so now I have to reach over and touch the screen!.

The old system used to give audio announcements of TMC messages, the new system doesn't, it only shows then in a list. So unless you're in guidance mode on the Nav you have no idea that there may be traffic disruptions locally.

Ill need to see what the TA announcements do and how they appear on mine as it was built in Dec 16.  I take it you have SYNC 2?  I have SYNC 3 so it might be different.

14 minutes ago, vectra said:

On the sync3 unit.
Also,
Thanks

I've been using Apple CarPlay, that's USB  

It gives a full screen size "blurred" image of the album/artist art work behind the track info (hope that makes sense?)

I'll have a look during my lunch break as to the images being displayed through SYNC3 USB and bluetooth

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kylinski said:

I've been using Apple CarPlay, that's USB  

It gives a full screen size "blurred" image of the album/artist art work behind the track info (hope that makes sense?)

I'll have a look during my lunch break as to the images being displayed through SYNC3 USB and Bluetooth. 

If you disable CarPlay, it does display album art when using the phone as a USB media device (without CarPlay)

1 hour ago, The Latman said:

Park Assist is awesome..

It freaks out my better half! Has to get out of the car before it starts parking! 😀

There has been the odd occasion where I've nearly aborted the park as it looks like it's gonna clip the other cars! 😧

Just now, Kylinski said:

It freaks out my better half! Has to get out of the car before it starts parking! 😀

There has been the odd occasion where I've nearly aborted the park as it looks like it's gonna clip the other cars! 😧

So far, I've not had to abort it.  Its been pretty accurate, though I've seen youtube videos of it faiilng (though these were mostly the Fusion in the US and mostly months if not years ago).  I do monitor all the mirrors and the screen like a hawk though....just in case, can't exactly say "It was the car that bumped into you" 

Ill need to see what the TA announcements do and how they appear on mine as it was built in Dec 16.  I take it you have SYNC 2?  I have SYNC 3 so it might be different.

No, I have SYNC 3. TA announcements just seem to bring up a box on the main touchscreen display showing 'Traffic announcment' with a 'Close' and 'Cancel' option. On the Mk4 it also changed the radio display in the Convers+(DIS) to show the station name. On the MK5 even if you set the DIS to display radio station it does not change from the station to which you are listening to the one broadcasting the TA. 

5 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

No, I have have SYNC 3

Cant you change the TA settings to regional at least?  (I never bother with the TA stuff).  I take your point with the Navigation and any incidents, you'd think it would pop up rather than have to be sought after 

Cant you change the TA settings to regional at least?

Doesn't help I'm afraid. My commute is Cheshire to South/East Manchester, even on Regional I still get Radios Stoke/Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds/Liverpool/Shropshire at varying times during the journey.  

2 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Doesn't help I'm afraid. My commute is Cheshire to South/East Manchester, even on Regional I still get Radios Stoke/Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds/Liverpool/Shropshire at varying times during the journey.  

Apple maps popup with issues along your route.   

That's exactly what the old system did, even when not in guidance mode, it would warn of issues within a few miles of the direction you were headed. It was useful on quite a few occasions to enable me to miss hold-ups on the way to/from the office. The new one does work when you have a route active in guidance mode, but who wants the satnav active every day on the way to/from work!. 

3 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

That's exactly what the old system did, even when not in guidance mode, it would warn of issues within a few miles of the direction you were headed. It was useful on quite a few occasions to enable me to miss hold-ups on the way to/from the office. The new one does work when you have a route active in guidance mode, but who wants the satnav active every day on the way to/from work!. 

Ahh, I see.  I havent really used the Ford Nav, mostly just use Apple Maps as I use Apple music so it needs to have carplay on for that.

That's one thing actually, it would be nice if you could switch back and forth between the Ford Nav and Apple/Google Maps. Also, would be nice if you could get the Apple Map to display in the dash screen as the Ford Nav does (well, the Ford turn by turn is anyway)

Thanks for all the replies lads.
No Park assist for me.
I would never park in tight spots. You must always be aware of the fact that here in Ireland, You park in a tight spot at your own risk as those that would be parked in front and behin you have no problem using your car as a "stop now" guide.
As such I am very careful where I park :)

Also
On the sync 3 questio. I am using Android and will quite possibly continue with it, though my son is doing his level best to convert me to iPhone.

• Like 1

Don't be swayed @vectra stand strong and stick with Android! Apple is for people who don't understand technology [emoji6] android is so customisable and you can expand the memory in several phones.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Don't be swayed @vectra stand strong and stick with Android! Apple is for people who don't understand technology emoji6.png android is so customisable and you can expand the memory in several phones.

Says the man that posted that with his Ipad :whip:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club