Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta st3 auxiliary power socket turns off??

adam_f

Hi I have a new fiesta and the auxiliary power socket turns off when I exit the vehicle is there any way I can make this live permanently thanks adam 

I don't think so. No doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

Chances are it turns off once the battery saver Relay kicks in after 20mins? Or is it instant?

You can, the easiest way of doing it is to purchase a 12v Socket plug off eBay with a length of wire, run the wire and go straight to the battery with an inline fuse for a permanent live or to a spare 12v (live with ignition off) fuse in the fuse box. Although all the fuse box ones turn off after around 20mins of the car being locked 

Ok thanks thought there would be an easier solution it's a brand new car so don't want to mess around with it too much

• Like 1

You can use a piggyback fuse from the tow bar module slot as this is unused and is always on - even after the power save relay kicks out. Buy a second piggy back fuse and insert it into to aux port fuse slot, link the two together and you're done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CREED said:

You can use a piggyback fuse from the tow bar module slot as this is unused and is always on - even after the power save relay kicks out. Buy a second piggy back fuse and insert it into to aux port fuse slot, link the two together and you're done.

Ok thanks for that any idea where this is located 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adam_f said:

Ok thanks for that any idea where this is located 👍

Both of these fuses are in the fuseboard behind the glovebox, Trailer module is fuse 20, and front power point/ cigar lighter is fuse 30 (double check those numbers in your manual).

Now what you want to do is insert a piggyback fuse holder into the trailer module slot, place a 20A fuse into the slot furthest away from where it plugs in, and leave the other one empty. This will put power onto the cable coming out of the piggyback fuse.

Now remove the fuse in the power point slot and insert the second piggy back fuse holder. Place the fuse you just removed into the slot furthest away from where it plugs in.

Now this bit is important. Do not connect the two wires yet. With the engine off test the lead coming off the piggyback fuse in the trailer module slot with a multimeter. Test between the wire and bare metal on the car, you are looking for 12V (it will only work with piggyback fuse in one way so you may have to flip it around). Now switch the engine on, do the same test but between the wire coming off the other piggyback fuse and bare metal. This time you want the reading to be 0v (if it is 12v then turn the fuse holder around).

Once these checks have been done, crimp the wires together and you're done! The power point will now be always on.

fuses.png.81fdc4ddab4b29ff9e4d5da7af196d96.png

This diagram shows how we will be using the fuse holders and why it is important that they are the correct way around. As you can see only one pin on each holder will be part of the circuit.

• Like 1

Superb thanks I will give it a shot next Monday thanks 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club