Do Not Sell My Personal Information

heated windscreen not working 59 plate focus

b4zz

As title so a little help needed if possible.

does any body know what number the fuse is for the heated windscreen as I will look at that first.

think it`s number 14 in the fusebox in the engine 40amp :rolleyes:

ok cheers for that. will check it tomorow

I've heard that it could be caused by the wiper mechanism rubbing through the copper wire that goes between the screen and body 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

I've heard that it could be caused by the wiper mechanism rubbing through the copper wire that goes between the screen and body 

That was a persistent problem on the pre-facelift. I did also have this problem on the facelift version but this was due to the fact the screen was installed badly.

thanks for the helpful replys guys will take a look a the fuse first then go from there.

will post up my findings later but hopefully it is only the fuse

if it was that copper cable that gets caught on the wiper mechanism wouldn't that mean only half of screen does not work? These screens usually have two circuits , one for left and one for right side. I do not know about focus specifically.

• Like 2

There are 2 circuits yes 1 for each side so i agree were one to go that side of the screen wud fail. When i had the scuttle pannel off my 2010 recently i checked and cleaned the connectors on each side to be safe. Def get the fuse changed 1st as its the cheapest fix lol. Hopefully thatll fix it!!

looked at the fuse and it looks fine to me. when I press for the screen to come on the light on the switch does not come on and I don't hear a click sound like when you press for the rear one?

I did take the full panel off to carbon wrap it  so disconnected the switches so may be its some thing I have done but the rear still works defo was working before.

I will lean not to mess about with things one day lol

• Like 1

Suppose there is a chance cud have disturbed the connectors then when removin panel to wrap it.. 

3 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

Suppose there is a chance cud have disturbed the connectors then when removin panel to wrap it.. 

most likely my luck so if this is the case I will need a sparky to have a look for me

There is also an earth strap under the  cabin light cover  above your rear view mirror. You will have to pull the whole  light asy. out to get at it ( just pulls down I think)  same as by your window wiper a big copper strip located with a nut.  This is the earth end of your screen circuit.Sometimes this gets a bad contact. It you are getting voltage on the straps by the wipers then it may be this. May not be  this but worth a look .I found this out when I had my windscreen replaced.As mine is a 2007 and yours a 2009 I would think it is the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, b4zz said:

looked at the fuse and it looks fine to me. when I press for the screen to come on the light on the switch does not come on and I don't hear a click sound like when you press for the rear one?

I did take the full panel off to carbon wrap it  so disconnected the switches so may be its some thing I have done but the rear still works defo was working before.

I will lean not to mess about with things one day lol

did you try pulling the wires back out and plugging them back in? you could try swapping the wires to the rear switch just incase the switch has gone ?

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, andypsp said:

did you try pulling the wires back out and plugging them back in? you could try swapping the wires to the rear switch just incase the switch has gone ?

will this a try this next week as you say could be the switch

• 4 weeks later...

got to the bottom of this. the switch wasn't broke after all found out that my heated windscreen will only work when the engine is running not while the ingniction is on.

we learn something new everyday :tongue:

2 hours ago, andypsp said:

we learn something new everyday :tongue:

ha ha your right every day is a school day lol

18 hours ago, b4zz said:

got to the bottom of this. the switch wasn't broke after all found out that my heated windscreen will only work when the engine is running not while the ingniction is on.

😂 Brilliant, I love you guys 😂

if that's the worst of your derp moments I'm still way ahead of you :biggrin:

Glad you got it sorted though.

15 hours ago, wilto said:

😂 Brilliant, I love you guys 😂

glad I made some bodys day ha ha

8 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

if that's the worst of your derp moments I'm still way ahead of you :biggrin:

Glad you got it sorted though.

spill the beans what have you done then lol

Oh I just meant generally in life!

I did manage to kill my car with an obd reader. Thankfully recovered it with backup settings but still poo'd myself first!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Oh I just meant generally in life!

I did manage to kill my car with an obd reader. Thankfully recovered it with backup settings but still poo'd myself first!

+1 I've done the same with an elm cable when adding cruise control.

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:09 AM, Jedd cherry said:

Where is the fuse for the front windscreen?

In the fuse box in the engine bay, the owners box will have a diagram of which fuse is for what.  I think the underside of the lid also has the diagram on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club