Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery charging issue

Ian Mc

I have a 2012 Focus TDCI and is not starting, I charged the battery up all night last night for about 10hrs and started just this morning but tonight it wouldn't even attempt to start, just clicked, there is no battery lights or alternator l Iights on the dash, car is getting a new battery tmrw, has anybody any other ideas that it could b.....

Ian

i would get the battery checked at ford, as mine was no good after i had my car 3yrs ago, the battery is very expensive if it`s a start/stop focus £270 mine was fitted by ford. the saved all the car computer settings etc, think the battery itself is around £150. but you just have a normal ford focus the battery is around £80.

if the new battery don`t solve you problem then it may well be your starter motor (but think you`ll find it`s the batt)

Just replaced the three year old battery on the same Focus.  Bosch battery £106 delivered from Advanced Batteries.

you can get good battery deals at euro carparts if you have one near and you don't want to wait for one to be delivered in post.    should you pay more for a quality make? well, partly depends how long you think you might keep the car. 

ford say stop/start won't work properly if you don't pay the extortionate price for an original same spec  battery. I would not be that bothered if my stop/start did not turn the engine off when I stopped at the traffic lights. I would not pay much extra to keep it working.

I had a fiesta 1.6tdci which my brother now has. In July this year it will be 10 yrs old and still has original Ford battery. Lasting longer than I thought it would - it can't go much longer, surely

eurocar parts Product Code: 444779086 £249 (with there current 33% discount code £167 or same battery on the carparts4less website £152  (quick delivery normally few days)

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, andypsp said:

if the new battery don`t solve you problem then it may well be your starter motor (but think you`ll find it`s the batt)

It will more than likely be one or the other of these as your battery is 5 years old it would be a good place to start

Eurocar parts I got mine for round £45 lifetime warranty on battery also I just went cheap of the cheap n hey it works focus 1.8 tdci 2007.

not paying ford prices unless I really really need to

13 hours ago, Damien said:

Eurocar parts I got mine for round £45 lifetime warranty on battery also I just went cheap of the cheap n hey it works focus 1.8 tdci 2007.

not paying ford prices unless I really really need to

Can you put a link to that battery with a lifetime warranty, and does your car have stop/start?

this is the cheapest on eurocarparts with 3yrs warranty £52 Product Code : 444770751

When I get back home tonight I will get receipt out mate and no I don't have push stop n start on mine.

When I get back home tonight I will get receipt out mate and no I don't have push stop n start on mine.

the battery the original post is refering to is a stop start vehicle that requires the stop start type of battery or i hpoe he is, most tdci focus have stop start funtion, efb battery which by design is more expensive than a normal battery.

but the guy hasnt replied back since his first post so i assume he has sorted it after 4 days of us discussing and giving advise.

Correct he also says if I remember if it saves him money he not fussed on using the stop start function.

i also quoted mine wasn't a stop start tdci. P.s don't take offence to this it may sound as if am coming across been an ***** but I mean nothing by it

problem is the charging system and battery monitoring is not compatable with a standard silver calcium battery. regardless of whether he is bothered with stop start

Mines been bang on though mate tbh no issues 

22 hours ago, Damien said:

Mines been bang on though mate tbh no issues 

yours would be fine as your car hasn`t got start/stop