Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I add front foglamps to my Mk 2 Focus LX easily ?

vijilants

Hi,

I own a Mk2 Focus LX but it has no front foglamps.

Is it possible to add these and is it an easy upgrade and if so, what's involved ?

Many Thanks

• Like 2

I think the wiring is under the front somewhere may need to take a good look around and you may need to uprate

the light switch if there is no front fog light marking on your old one   :smile:

• Like 1

The front foglight wiring is not always present on a Focus MK2/MK2.5 without front foglights. If the foglight wiring is not present it needs to be installed. Ford used to sell the front foglight wiring harness as an accessoire part but unfortunately this wiring harness is currently no longer available. This basically means that when the front foglight wiring is not present you either have to take the wiring harness out of a scrap car or you have to make the wiring harness yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The front foglight wiring is not always present on a Focus MK2/MK2.5 without front foglights. If the foglight wiring is not present it needs to be installed. Ford used to sell the front foglight wiring harness as an accessoire part but unfortunately this wiring harness is currently no longer available. This basically means that when the front foglight wiring is not present you either have to take the wiring harness out of a scrap car or you have to make the wiring harness yourself.

Still available here: http://fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_front_fog_lamps_wiring_loom_f_1599361.htm

If wiring is there; then you just need the fog light kit

Mk2 kit 

Mk2.5 kit: 

but if theres no wiring there; then you will also need the Wiring loom it's the same for both mk2 & mk2.5 models:

Thank you all.

I think I can find the foglamps cheaper on eBay and probably the wiring loom.

Just though that maybe it was pre wired and it would be a simple task of plugging in the fog lights.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, biff55 said:

50 sodding quid ??!!

i could knock 1 up in 10 minutes flat...........

;-)

Make a few and sell em for 25 nice profit 👍

• Like 1