Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garage Recommendation

chrisjw

Does anyone live near the NW9 London area & can recommend a good, trustworthy garage to send my car to for servicing.  I want to ensure that it's serviced properly & that the service book is regularly updated.

Thanks

Chris.

I've just noticed the service link at the top of this page.  I'll have a look at that in the meantime.

Chris.

Word of mouth is the best way to find garages pal. If you know someone who has a mate who owns a garage or something like that. Just don't take it to some backstreet dealer and you'll be fine. Most of the time it's people getting ripped off rather than doing bad work. Anyone can service a car and stamp it remember 

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Word of mouth is the best way to find garages pal. If you know someone who has a mate who owns a garage or something like that. Just don't take it to some backstreet dealer and you'll be fine. Most of the time it's people getting ripped off rather than doing bad work. Anyone can service a car and stamp it remember 

I used a little, independent garage about 20 minutes away with my previous car & they were really good, reliable & didn't rip you off.  The only thing is, I thought it may be better to get the service book stamped with a proper Ford stamp, or is not that necessary?

6 minutes ago, chrisjw said:

I used a little, independent garage about 20 minutes away with my previous car & they were really good, reliable & didn't rip you off.  The only thing is, I thought it may be better to get the service book stamped with a proper Ford stamp, or is not that necessary?

For preserving warranty you can use any garage as long as they use ford parts (while we're still in the EU, anyway). 

Some private buyers like to see the ford stamp.  Most will just want to see stamps at the correct interval.  

28 minutes ago, jbell said:

For preserving warranty you can use any garage as long as they use ford parts (while we're still in the EU, anyway). 

Some private buyers like to see the ford stamp.  Most will just want to see stamps at the correct interval.  

So like that, it would be OK to use the garage I've used previously.

9 hours ago, chrisjw said:

So like that, it would be OK to use the garage I've used previously.

For now yes. After brexit completes, possibly not for cars in warranty. 

I wouldn't trust the Ford warranty as far as I could throw it unless you use a ford dealership for servicing. Even then they try to wriggle out of their commitment. Going back a while, in 1985 my new XR2 needed a new gearbox (crunching in 2nd) , the best I could get was a refurb. They're there to make money, stuff the consumer.