Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 2011 fitting after market reversing camera

Madzook2514

Hi all

My wife has a 2011 1.6 focus and was wondering if I can fit a after market reversing camera to the monitor that's in the car it has the sat nav on the back it shows a connection for rear camera 

I've pulled the monitor out I've attached a picture of the monitor in question 

I've also bought this lead thinking it would work 

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks Screenshot_20170523-114012.thumb.png.6807347c6526b6fae23f79772a054972.png

Screenshot_20170523-120702.png

Will work, but you need an aftermarket camera module that wires in to the canbus, then the camera function needs turning on in central car configuration.

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

Will work, but you need an aftermarket camera module that wires in to the canbus, then the camera function needs turning on in central car configuration.

Thanks could you explain a little better of a link or something as I've read some were that there's a hidden menu that needs unlocking from ford to able to accept a after market camera 

Thanks  

If you pm@victory , I'm sure he will explain all as he has just done his.

@Madzook2514, you will need to purchase the camera module from some clever russians! cost me about $100 with shipping.

Link is http://pro-ford.com/focus/ford-focus-3/sistemy-bezopasnosti-ohrany-i-pomoschi/kamery-zadnego-vida-i-ekrany/neoriginalnyy-modul-kamery-ekrana-mfd5/?currency=USD

once it arrives you will need to wire it into the canbus system near the passenger side of the console, i can help with the details.

you will also need a special cable to activate the camera in the cars configuration. cheaply obtained from eBay and software focccus is free.

anything else you need feel free to ask.

• Like 2

Thanks guys

Much appreciated :xmas:

Seems a fairly extensive and quite difficult for a novice like me 🤔

Would it be a cheaper option to go for a mirror reversing camera or get a cheap basic monitor just for the camera 

Do ford do something so you carnt use aftermarket camera saying you needs software to enable it to use the camera function 

Sorry for the late reply just got home 

Thanks all

8 hours ago, Madzook2514 said:

Thanks guys

Much appreciated :xmas:

Seems a fairly extensive and quite difficult for a novice like me 🤔

Would it be a cheaper option to go for a mirror reversing camera or get a cheap basic monitor just for the camera 

Do ford do something so you carnt use aftermarket camera saying you needs software to enable it to use the camera function 

Sorry for the late reply just got home 

Thanks all

to be fair its not that difficult to do (if i can) but this is your only way into the built in screen, unless you get a separate monitor or mirror for the camera display which you can do quite easily. In your case if you do not feel confident with the wiring etc.. that would be your best solution.

Victory.... guess who(!)

If I do this, one considering my ineptitude, do you reckon I can do this, and also if you use the russian method, can you still optionally overlay park pilot as per the original?

Also, where does the camera actually fit?

1 minute ago, vibeone said:

Victory.... guess who(!)

If I do this, one considering my ineptitude, do you reckon I can do this, and also if you use the russian method, can you still optionally overlay park pilot as per the original?

Also, where does the camera actually fit?

as far as i know.. ( i do not have sensors - thats a job for another day!) park pilot does not display.. though i may be wrong.. @iantt would be the man to ask about that..

in terms of installing this if i can you can.. the camera i used was a replacement boot release from china. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252789753404?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

you have remove boot trims etc.. and wire into the reverse light feed.

happy give any help you need.. best thing i did i use it all the time.. though i am thinking of having sensors put on as well..though i did want retrofit the ford ones but i think thats not going be possible...

also on another matter still im researching how to degrade the ACM's im sure its possible some how.. 

I did this on my 2011 focus. Bought the same module too from those clever Russians. It does take a while and a few scary moments but it can be done fairly easily. My only advice would be to spend that bit more on a good camera. I got one that integrates with the boot release button, around £30, wasn't water tight and is now showing black screen.

Thanks guys

Much appreciated 

See if you can help me with this one

I have a 61 plate kuga aswell with rev camera built in which is no longer working could I fit a aftermarket camera to the exsisting wires that's there for the original camera here's some pictures of exsisting wires and aftermarket camera wires 

Top picture is aftermarket camera 

Bottom picture is kuga camera wires

Thanks all

20170524_152207.jpg

20170524_152043.jpg

Thanks guys
Much appreciated 
See if you can help me with this one
I have a 61 plate kuga aswell with rev camera built in which is no longer working could I fit a aftermarket camera to the exsisting wires that's there for the original camera here's some pictures of exsisting wires and aftermarket camera wires 
Top picture is aftermarket camera 
Bottom picture is kuga camera wires
Thanks all
20170524_152207.thumb.jpg.6d8e0067bab8e6e068cdf75038ecd19c.jpg
20170524_152043.thumb.jpg.0b489726d6867b6411b9a5bcbf1d5dea.jpg

That bottom pic of the Kuga wires doesn't look like it can from ford at all [emoji45]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

i was going say same thing, that is absolutely not ford wiring... looks like some aftermarket solution.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 9:00 AM, Victory said:

as far as i know.. ( i do not have sensors - thats a job for another day!) park pilot does not display.. though i may be wrong.. @iantt would be the man to ask about that..

in terms of installing this if i can you can.. the camera i used was a replacement boot release from china. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252789753404?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

you have remove boot trims etc.. and wire into the reverse light feed.

happy give any help you need.. best thing i did i use it all the time.. though i am thinking of having sensors put on as well..though i did want retrofit the ford ones but i think thats not going be possible...

also on another matter still im researching how to degrade the ACM's im sure its possible some how.. 

Let me know if you need the cable back haha - I'll happily test first though.

Some people seem to think the russian thing works with canbus?

3 hours ago, kpg said:

That bottom pic of the Kuga wires doesn't look like it can from ford at all emoji45.png

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes there is a proper connecter that the kuga wires go in I just popped them of the clip and put them in a chocky block for safety to see if I can get another camera to work off the original wiring 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi looking to fit a reverse camera myself. Would this cable do the same thing as the module from Russia? It's cheaper and there is a video on YouTube that explains what it does.

IMG_3115.PNG

No it wont work if yours is non sync

I have mfd sync with sat nav, just wondered if the Russian one gives you more options when it comes to the p pilot as I have oem parking sensors

I have mfd sync with sat nav, just wondered if the Russian one gives you more options when it comes to the p pilot as I have oem parking sensors. Be good if you could change between camera and p pilot as my wife would not get on with the reverse camera 

6 minutes ago, Victory said:

one for @iantt as he has both

ive just replied to his pm , explaining i dont have OEM  park pilot so not sure how his will work/display

• Like 1