Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need better tyres!

abbyzetecs269

Hey guys,

Anybody that has a mk7 fiesta zetec s, have you noticed how bad the handling is in the rain? If it rains i feel like the wheels are floating on the water and i could aqua plane any minute! especially on the motorway! if i go over 80mph im doomed!

I have the 17" wheels with bridgestone tyres on. Does anybody know of any better makes? i'm liking the look of yokohama's but not so much the price :)

thanks, abby :rolleyes:

Its probably happening because the tyres are so wide. I notice the same on mine from time to time (also the 17s)

I got hankooks on the 16"s, very happy in the wet and ice recently, good feedback.

Oh, by the way, I'm not trying to be a mummy here, but in the wet, on the motorway, try the speed limit!

I know ya'll all go more than it regular....but wet, motorway, fast, not a good trio!!

Your problem maybe as stated though, the width. Check tyre pressures just in case though :)

On my previous mk7 fezzer i had some aftermarket 16's which were the same width as the 17's and the handling in even just damp conditions was just atrocious, needlees to say they are sitting in the shed atm untill i decide what to do with them. Before i swapped my previous mk7 for another i got a test drive in a zetec s (even though i knew it was out of my budget) and that happened to be on a wet day and that was just as awfull. It must be down to the width of the wheels which makes the handling a bit crap, even on my bogo style i still don't feel as safe on the road in the wet as i used to when i had my corsa d which you could simply throw around a corner even in the wet........still prefer my fezzer on the whole though ;)

I got hankooks on the 16"s, very happy in the wet and ice recently, good feedback.

Oh, by the way, I'm not trying to be a mummy here, but in the wet, on the motorway, try the speed limit!

I know ya'll all go more than it regular....but wet, motorway, fast, not a good trio!!

Your problem maybe as stated though, the width. Check tyre pressures just in case though :)

I find the Hankooks are OK in the wet, although not brilliant but I'm not a fan of them in the ice/snow. I've got BFGoodrich tyres on my Saxo that are great in the ice and snow, and the Hankook's simply don't compare.

A few people I've spoken to are really happy with the Toyo Proxes, so when my Hankook's eventually wear out I'll replace them with Toyo's.

Got Bridgestone's on my 17"s and got to say I have no complaints in any conditions. Road noise not great but with handling I have no issues even in wet/snow etc

I find the Hankooks are OK in the wet, although not brilliant but I'm not a fan of them in the ice/snow. I've got BFGoodrich tyres on my Saxo that are great in the ice and snow, and the Hankook's simply don't compare.

A few people I've spoken to are really happy with the Toyo Proxes, so when my Hankook's eventually wear out I'll replace them with Toyo's.

BFGs....eek!

The hankooks do make a lot of noise mind...

Had first go on some dry tarmac yesterday :lol: very very impressed, more grip than I will ever need on the road me thinks! :) big smile seeing a BMW 3series unhappily hunker back around the corners coz he couldn't keep up! he he

BFGs....eek!

The hankooks do make a lot of noise mind...

Had first go on some dry tarmac yesterday :lol: very very impressed, more grip than I will ever need on the road me thinks! :) big smile seeing a BMW 3series unhappily hunker back around the corners coz he couldn't keep up! he he

In the dry I can't fault the handling at all!

It's just like from one extreme to the other, driving in the wet / dry conditions :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club