Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top mount shock absorber bolts

rs200

OK,  Question is  how  to get the top bolts out? When  the bolts  are badly rusting ?  A 15 mm socket  as  to the video  does not fit as bolt is so badly rusted. Looks like its going to be a garage job, Due to the location  of the top bolts i can imagine  half the rear suspension will need to come out.  I cant afford that kind of labour costs  plus four wheel alignment, Is there any hints or tips ???? or is it a suck it up and pay a garage ??

i'm not familiar with exactly what the setup is here. does the bolt have a nut on the other end?  can you get a nut splitter on the nut?

example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nut-Splitter-set-2pce-PC70-Broken-Damaged-Stuck-Remover-Corroded-split-/121933786628?hash=item1c63d1ee04:g:CrkAAOSwdU1W8raU

I would imagine these can vary a bit in quality (the sharpness and harness of the cutting edge)

FB_IMG_1494008739399_zpsnoej4k6i.jpg

After the suspension has been worked with; you will need tracking alignment done, if you don't it will cost you more on excessive tyre wear rather than paying less than the cost of one tyre to have the alignment corrected.

16 hours ago, isetta said:

i'm not familiar with exactly what the setup is here. does the bolt have a nut on the other end?  can you get a nut splitter on the nut?

example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nut-Splitter-set-2pce-PC70-Broken-Damaged-Stuck-Remover-Corroded-split-/121933786628?hash=item1c63d1ee04:g:CrkAAOSwdU1W8raU

I would imagine these can vary a bit in quality (the sharpness and harness of the cutting edge)

I believe  the nut is welded onto the mounting