Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Streeka

Lee67

Bought an 03 streetka 3 months ago...as a summer toy....had the usual split rear window now sorted £59... Glovebox repaired£15.... Just had new tyres and all alloys refurbed in black...looks amazing....drives great and im getting in 40's on a run, luv it...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

nice motor :smile:

looks nice - like mine :)

info on glovebox fix please 

JJ

Hi JJ, glovebox was usual broken catch....quite common on em..£15 from local ford dealer

• 2 weeks later...

Also fitted a k&n panel filter...little bit more torque and always get in 40's mpg on a run...car has 75k full service history...next mod's are a full stainless cat back exhaust system , and a strutbrace to help elimante the scuttle shake , and will also help the car in some hillclimb sessions..luckily i only use on nice sunny dry days so doesnt see rain !!..

Hi Lee thanks for the info on the k&n panel filter I may try one on my wife's streetka if it does make a difference to power and mpg.  Can I check what do you mean by scuttle rattle and can you get a strut brace to fit a streetka as may look I to this?  Thanks 

Yes you can buy strutbraces for the atreetka...ebay have a few ...scuttle shake is the feeling you get when the roof is down,. Over bumpy roads( most roads lol) the car flexs and twists and is noticeable by the windscreen and rear view mirror moving side to side...all cabrios do it some worse than others

Ah thanks I wondered what the slight vibration was occasionally the other week when I was driving with the top down.  Thanks will look into one of those.  

Hi Lee have you looked into replacement headlights at all?  That's the one thing I think spoils the look on a streetka.  I would love some all clear ones but can't find any.

Yours looks great btw, did it cost too much to have the wheels refinished?  I love the black look but it may look a bit much on an all black streetka.

Wheels where well curbed...ex lady owner grrrr...they cost £160 all in and i reckon they look great....havnt seen any headlights only tinted indicators and fancy rear lights

• Like 1

Yes they look great Lee and a good price too, there are a fair few scuffs on the edges of our alloys too but going to leave them for now until next year i think as getting the winter hardtop I bought for it sprayed black plus a few other bits of the bodywork done first in a few months ready for the winter.  A local trusted garage is doing it for me and are also going to remove the inner arches and underseal all of the underside for me with shultz at the same time to try and help keep it nice for a good few more years yet.

Got to be careful though as I don't want it to be a money pit 😂