Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bonnet lock size

mrmetallica

any one know the length of the bonnet lock for a mk2 fl focus.2009

i bought one from china but it doesnt work poperly i got a refund so ok.

but i thought id give it another go today but it seems to long and pushes the grill forward and wont unlock

"China" Lesson learnt.

13 hours ago, Devonboy said:

"China" Lesson learnt.

doesnt answer the question does it ?

Is the cross piece connected as it should be? That'll take another 5-10mm off i bet.

China stuff tends to be fairly good I find, unless you buy the cheapest of the cheap. A lot of stuff may be deemed as a "copy" but is actually made in the same factory as the original stuff, just out of normal hours to make a living on the side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Micro said:

Is the cross piece connected as it should be? That'll take another 5-10mm off i bet.

China stuff tends to be fairly good I find, unless you buy the cheapest of the cheap. A lot of stuff may be deemed as a "copy" but is actually made in the same factory as the original stuff, just out of normal hours to make a living on the side.

yeah the cross piece is in place .ive seen some at 240mm and some 205 mm so just wondered .cant measure mine as it snapped the cable

What exact dimensions do you need?  I took the whole lock barrel, cable and white plastic piece off a couple of weeks as part of getting the bonnet to open and haven't put it back so can go out and measure it up if you want. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, south_bound said:

What exact dimensions do you need?  I took the whole lock barrel, cable and white plastic piece off a couple of weeks as part of getting the bonnet to open and haven't put it back so can go out and measure it up if you want. 

just want to know the length from the barrel to the round circular white bit please mate

Here are the photos, don't know exactly which part of the plastic bit you need the dimension to so took a general photo and a close up of that end - hope they show up ok.  The cable slides a bit inside the plastic end by about 10mm so that could make a difference as well.  Let me know if you need a more exact number..

CIMG0537.JPG

CIMG0538.JPG

6 hours ago, south_bound said:

Here are the photos, don't know exactly which part of the plastic bit you need the dimension to so took a general photo and a close up of that end - hope they show up ok.  The cable slides a bit inside the plastic end by about 10mm so that could make a difference as well.  Let me know if you need a more exact number..

CIMG0537.JPG

CIMG0538.JPG

thats exactly what i needed mate thank you .240mm is the length of mine so cant see what the problem is .

Did you fit an upgraded plastic bar or refit the original one?
If it's an upgraded part you may need to trim it down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Did you fit an upgraded plastic bar or refit the original one?
If it's an upgraded part you may need to trim it down a bit.

i did have the upgrade + .and trimed it down a bit .but still couldnt get it to work all the time .

Curious.