Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stereo flickers when lights on

tictac

I have a 1999 T reg Focus 1.6, I recently noticed when driving with lights on that the stereo light flickers, very briefly but it does. It goes to color if lights were off. I have only been on short journeys recently.

Any help and or info will be greatfully accepted and received.

Regards Martin

a lot of people with this its normal when the alternattors under load ie you have lights on heater on the alternator is working hard it cant run at peak efficiency all the time or it would burn out does this happen when youre idling sitting at lights when the lights etc dull a little the alternator is basically having a wee break not running as fast when you accelerate it goes back to work youll notice the lights brighten a little this shows the alternator is working.

old school trick to check if an alternator charges is at night with the lights on watch them they will dull while idling and will pick up when accelerators pressed if they dont and stay dull suspect the alternator so many peoiple come to my work with this truth is a lot never notice it till the winter for some weird reason

a lot of people with this its normal when the alternattors under load ie you have lights on heater on the alternator is working hard it cant run at peak efficiency all the time or it would burn out does this happen when youre idling sitting at lights when the lights etc dull a little the alternator is basically having a wee break not running as fast when you accelerate it goes back to work youll notice the lights brighten a little this shows the alternator is working.

old school trick to check if an alternator charges is at night with the lights on watch them they will dull while idling and will pick up when accelerators pressed if they dont and stay dull suspect the alternator so many peoiple come to my work with this truth is a lot never notice it till the winter for some weird reason

Thanks alot,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club