Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk5 Towbar Confusion???

nssimpson

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if there's a physical difference between pre and post facelist Mk5/6 towbars.
(I have a 2003 Fiesta but am able to buy a towbar that was previously installed on a 2004.)

Also, do I need a bypass relay? Some people say I'll have problems if I don't get one and others say it's not required.

Thanks

Nick

Is this an active forum or is there a better place to post my query?

2003 and 2004 is the same car I believe. The facelift came in at end of 2005 I believe.

"On April 1, 2002, the all new fifth generation car was unveiled".

"In November 2005, a revised version of the fifth generation Fiesta was launched for the 2006 model year, also known as the Mk 6 facelift (Mk6.5). "

From wikipedia.  

The fifth generation fiesta is what is know as the Mk6 in the UK

• Like 1

The towbar will fill fine by year.

It will work without a relay box, but its not clever.  Modern looms aren't as robust of those of old so its not wise to go splicing in like people did in days of yore on their Cortina.  A relay box protects the loom, and done properly ensures the towing indicator illuminates on the dash.  There's a wiring diagram in the Haynes Book of Lies if you fancy having a crack yourself.

Thanks for the info. I have realised that mine's a mk6, Wiki very confusing due to different countries calling it a different mk (I've updated Wiki to help other simple folk like me.)

Okay so it will work, now time to find a good value one.

I don't think my car has a towing indicator, at least not according to Ford's online manual. Nevertheless, sounds like a relay is a good idea even though sellers say one isn't required for my car.

Cheers, Nick

• Like 1

Just one thought.  Check there are no differences between towbars for the three and five door models before you buy.  I don't think there will be, but best to be safe.

Thanks for your guidance.

• Like 1