Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka door harness connector

hairgoneJohn

Hi

I've got an 03 Streetka.  I have just replaced the passenger door with one from a scrappy( daughter had an accident).  The door came complete with all the electrics.  Now the battery suddenly goes flat if the car is left for a few days.  I suspect that this is not a co-incidence and would like to disconnect the door electrics in case there is a short somewhere.  

Ideally I would remove the connector that goes from the door to the body but cannot figure out how to do it.  There doesn't appear to be a plug on the inside of the door near the hinges.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

First question is did you connect up the electrics when you fitted the door? If you did, why not disconnect them in the reverse order? If you didn't, I can't see how they would be draining the battery unless the connector from the car to the door in in some way shorting. I might be wrong but I think all the power to the door (windows & mirror) are ignition fed and, if so shouldn't be draining the battery when the car is switched off.. 

Is the battery actually holding charge? If you have a multi-meter use it to check for voltage drop both unconnected and wired into the car.

My first suspicion would be the battery.