Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reving

jjmmww1

Have had this problem for a while now and has started to get a bit worse but it only happens for a few days then the car drives like normal for a few weeks,months then comes back

What it seems to do is just rev itself up and down a bit or when driving the revs just drop a bit and seems to lose power for a few seconds but this only happens when the engine light comes on and when the light goes of the car drives completely normal. have a video of it doing when sat in traffic can upload later and will also read the codes and post them but does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

car is 55 plate focus 1.6 petrol at 118k miles

That error code points towards either a fauly in the wiring between the coil pack and the ecu or a faulty coil pack.. 

Trace the wiring and if there r no obvious breaks personally id change the coil pack reset the code and see how it goes.

15 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

That error code points towards either a fauly in the wiring between the coil pack and the ecu or a faulty coil pack.. 

Trace the wiring and if there r no obvious breaks personally id change the coil pack reset the code and see how it goes.

are there any videos on how to change one on my focus as i can only see the old focus but i have done one on my old fiesta it was just 4 bolts unplug and change is it the same for this one? as its currently 23 for a new one on eurocarparts

Has your car got the the single coil pack or individual ones, my 2010 2.0 titanium has individual coils on it hence why i ask.

16 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

Has your car got the the single coil pack or individual ones, my 2010 2.0 titanium has individual coils on it hence why i ask.

I'm not to sure but ive had a look and theres a cable tie currently holding the wire round the coil pack so maybe just a lose wire. as far as I can tell im guessing its a single

• Like 1

Can u post a pic?

On 5/30/2017 at 10:01 AM, Dave1981 said:

Can u post a pic?

sorry didn't get a chance to yesterday

yqU738V.jpg
W4cVT65.jpg
Va7dClS.jpg

persinally id replace it and also remove the plugs and check their condition to be safe.

9 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

persinally id replace it and also remove the plugs and check their condition to be safe.

thanks ive got some coming and the plugs only got done with service just under 6 months ago

4 fasteners hold the coil pack on, and the OEM packs are numbered (on the top) for which ignition lead goes where - but better to take a picture too. I'd replace that plug too.

I replaced mine with a "Hella" aftermarket part as the Bosch part was going to be 2 weeks+ from ECP. Running a dream.

• Like 1

Thanks guys and i changing the pack over tomorrow then will update how it is 

• Like 1

So had 3 screws of the 4 out then it seems like the last one has been stripped. Best way to get this out and where to get replace nent screws?

used the elastic band trick and it worked and the engine light has gone out now so im guessing it was that will update in a week or 2