Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo dpf overload

wicket73
聽Share

Hello I have had a warning light up on my dash of my 08 plate Mondeo titanium x saying the diesel filter is overloaded.i take it this is the dreaded dpf problem rearing its ugly head?any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

needs diagnosing properly so you dont end up wasting money trying stuff that doesnt fix fault.

Which is why I have posted on here so I don't waste money.馃憤

ok, bear in mind any suggestions are guesses as we haven looked at car and unless you say otherwise assume a diagnostic trster hadnt been plugged in giving relevent dtc codes.
first thing to check would be a code reader for dtcs, failing that check the dpf sensor pipework for splits,cracks, burnt ends at dpf end. thats quite common. this can give dpf showing blocked when it isnt. the dpf sensor itself is another common fault that " fails within range" this fault doesnt normally cause a dtc so difficult to diagnose correctly. think your car could be to old for fuel vaporiser , but check for one fitted . if it has got one, these can block up stopping the diesel fuel entering exhaust and heating up dpf for regeneration. also the vaporiser glow plug can fail, blowing the fuse for it.
as you can see its easy to miss diagnose . we ended up with dpf diagnosis at work after others had guessed and fitted a new dpf.

Thanks for the help,I will do all of the above checks and go from there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club