Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does my car have a DPF filter¿?¿?

FiestaZetec09

My profile says I have a ford fiesta zetec tbis needs changing I just haven't got round to doing It yet.

I now have a Ford fiesta titanium 1.6tdci on a 59 plate and am wondering if it has a DPF filter?  I don't really do much motorway driving but I do use my car alot, and just need to know weather it has a DPF filter or not, as  if it does I know I'll have to take it for a decent motorway driver once every few weeks to clear the filter, I've done some research on the net and I'm under the impression pre March 2010 1.6 diesel fiestas don't have a DPF (90PS) but any after March 2010 (95PS) does have a DPF, mines on a 59 plate and is 90ps, can some one please confirm for me please ?

90PS DOHC has no DPF. :)

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

90PS DOHC has no DPF. :)

Can you please explain what DOHC means sorry I'm new to all this haha 

Double overhead cam.

The 95 PS is SOHC, single overhead cam, while also gaining a DPF.

• Like 1

As you don't have a DPF, you may get caught up in this new government diesel tax scheme they're on about bringing in.

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Double overhead cam.

The 95 PS is SOHC, single overhead cam, while also gaining a DPF.

Thanks for clearing that up much apprichiated 

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

As you don't have a DPF, you may get caught up in this new government diesel tax scheme they're on about bringing in.

Oh great!

4 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

That won't apply to existing diesel vehicles only new ones after the legislation is passed; if it is introduced. Taxation is never retrospective

• Like 1

They'll be levied for going into certain areas instead.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GMX said:

That won't apply to existing diesel vehicles only new ones after the legislation is passed; if it is introduced. Taxation is never retrospective

Thanks mate he had me worrying then haa

32 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

They'll be levied for going into certain areas instead.

So does that mean conjestion charges 

Quite possibly, or steeper congestion charges for diseasels.  Something of that ilk seems likely, but no politician will put their head in that particular noose until after the election. 

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Quite possibly, or steeper congestion charges for diseasels.  Something of that ilk seems likely, but no politician will put their head in that particular noose until after the election. 

Not good the, the government are stupid they was telling every one to buy diesel cars a few year back now they want us to get rid of them