Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC APIM Module Upgrade from 1.0 -> 1.1

lwatson99

Hi all,

I've seen this mentioned on the forum here and there,however nothing overly conclusive.

I'm looking to upgrade the module in my MK7.5 Zetec essentially to get track info over bluetooth.

Any suggestions on which module to get/how to identify it and anyone in the know if it is 'plug and play' or if it needs any interfacing over OBD?

I'm planning on making a guide to show the process for other people if i can do it myself.

Thanks in advance :) 

Yes the module is plug and play. I did this the other week and is super easy to do.

The module you want has a part number beginning with d1bt. That is 1.1 with applink.

Example below

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-BLUETOOTH-VOICE-CONTROL-CONNECTIVITY-HANDS-FREE-MODULE-D1BT-14D212-CC-/132193934178?hash=item1ec75f5b62%3Ag%3Asa8AAOSwiDFYKyVM&_trkparms=pageci%3A12215e23-4689-11e7-a922-74dbd18054d5%7Cparentrq%3A6212ce5215c0a9c9b7e32082fffca0e1%7Ciid%3A4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Housey5450 said:

Yes the module is plug and play. I did this the other week and is super easy to do.

The module you want has a part number beginning with d1bt. That is 1.1 with applink.

Example below

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-BLUETOOTH-VOICE-CONTROL-CONNECTIVITY-HANDS-FREE-MODULE-D1BT-14D212-CC-/132193934178?hash=item1ec75f5b62%3Ag%3Asa8AAOSwiDFYKyVM&_trkparms=pageci%3A12215e23-4689-11e7-a922-74dbd18054d5%7Cparentrq%3A6212ce5215c0a9c9b7e32082fffca0e1%7Ciid%3A4

Cheers for the reply @Housey5450

I've just put an offer in for the one you've linked me so much appreciated!

Don't suppose you have access to any photos / diagrams of what panels to remove etc to swap them out?

I found this video (for anyone else planning on doing the same) 

This seems pretty clear and easy. @Housey5450 can you verify this is how you did it?

Also, is there a way to upgrade the software once the module is upgraded or is that a little too ambitious ;) 

Just got myself one for £28! I assume on 1.1 I'll be able to voice control spotify right?

yes and you can also control from the head unit buttons

my unit arrived today, has a label on it saying 'focus' i presume they used it in more than just the fiesta?

1 minute ago, Banana Co said:

my unit arrived today, has a label on it saying 'focus' i presume they used it in more than just the fiesta?

I'm 99% certain they did yes. I've done a bit of research and mine got dispatched today so once I've got it then I'm planning to install it and make a guide on it. 

I think (as Housey has said) as long as it has the D1BT instead of starting with an 'A' then it should be good. Plus, if the loom pins all connect up then that's a good sign!

it certainly looks right and the code is right. I'll wait for your guide as i won't get around to it until next week at the earliest anyway. Good luck!

• Like 1

I have made the guide :

Best of luck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club