Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throttle Body Removal and Clean Guidance

lonsdale2091

Afternoon all,

I have a 53 plate 1.4 petrol Fiesta Zetec Duratec which for a while has had an intermittent issue with lack of setting off power and also revs jumping when lifting off to shift up the gears which is more noticable and annoying when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I saw a lot of information about cleaning the throttle body and also the MAP? sensor as part of that assembly.

I recently gave the throttle body a clean with carb cleaner and i'm not sure if it was a placebo but it seemed like the issue went away for a week or two and the car felt better but in the last day or so it has come back which leaves me wanting to actually remove the TB to clean the inside too, my only worry is that when i remove the TB the gasket will be completely worn (could this cause the issue in the first place?) and need replacing. Only annoyance is that a new gasket is £20 (http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_throttle_body_gasket__f_1141994.htm) every where i've looked so i either spend that on a small bit of rubber i may not need in the end or i don't buy it and then i get stuck because i need it.

What is my best option here? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also: It seems like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Ford-Fiesta-Mk5-1-25-1-4-1-6-Throttle-Body-2001-2010-2S6U9F991FC-/252581426956?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta+V&hash=item3acf06b70c:g:58oAAOSwGJlZFBJR) is the same TB as i'd expect on my fiesta but it seems like the face that is attached is a flat, flush face so am i being a noob by asking how the gasket is to be fitted while reattaching the TB? Does it simply sit on the face and create a seal when the TB is screwed down?

Does it simply sit on the face and create a seal when the TB is screwed down?

Yes pretty well you can place some gasket seal on it too if you want usually doesn't need it .But I would as a matter of course fit a new gasket/seal

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Gizza, i think what i'll do is see what sensor is beside the throttle body (keep getting confused if it's maf or map) and inspect that and maybe give it a clean and then order a new gasket so i can do a full TB clean while it's off the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club