Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge Sport V Vignale

Clarked6

Hi Guys, 

Been scouring the wider net for the answer and a quick search on here not pulling anything up (I am new to forums so apologies If I've missed it).

Ill hopefully be in the market of an Edge in the next 12 months but the detail I can't find the difference in spec between the 2 models identified above.

The styling pack seems the same which is the look I want, just trying to decide whether the increase in spec is worth the price increase. 

Thanks in advance.

Dave. 

Not sure but some of the options are a lot cheaper on the vignale. Probably worth deciding what extras you'd like on the sport and then compare the price with the vignale. The colour choices are quite limited on the vignale- and the interior trim won't be to everyone's taste which may make it harder to shift come resale time 

Not sure but some of the options are a lot cheaper on the vignale. Probably worth deciding what extras you'd like on the sport and then compare the price with the vignale. The colour choices are quite limited on the vignale- and the interior trim won't be to everyone's taste which may make it harder to shift come resale time 

That's Neil, don't suppose you know what comes as standard on each model and what the extras are?

Or am I best taking the trip into the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did consider the Vig. I  like the extra detailing on the sports bumpers over the titanium look and the vig has this and the 20" wheels without the sports suspension.

Also, with a good discount the Vig works out cheaper per month than the sport. 

Although in the end, the lack of a decent engine prevented me going for the Edge. Nice car though.

2 hours ago, Clarked6 said:

That's Neil, don't suppose you know what comes as standard on each model and what the extras are?

Or am I best taking the trip into the dealer?

Check out the configurator on the ford website or download the brochures !

Did consider the Vig. I  like the extra detailing on the sports bumpers over the titanium look and the vig has this and the 20" wheels without the sports suspension.
Also, with a good discount the Vig works out cheaper per month than the sport. 
Although in the end, the lack of a decent engine prevented me going for the Edge. Nice car though.

Sounds like it might be a decent option, I won't be buying it new so hopefully will drop in price enough as/when I come to buy.

As it's for the Mrs, I think it sounds good without the Sport suspension, but the sports look which is what I want.

I'm more then happy with the 180/210 options. Just want to make sure I'm getting maximum bang for buck.

For me it would be a price issue. If you can get a Vignale for the same or less than a Sport, seems to be a good buy. However, when I was ordering my Sport the Vignale was £200/month more expensive. Given that they are identical in all but looks (and the Sport still looks good), I couldn't justify it.

For me it would be a price issue. If you can get a Vignale for the same or less than a Sport, seems to be a good buy. However, when I was ordering my Sport the Vignale was £200/month more expensive. Given that they are identical in all but looks (and the Sport still looks good), I couldn't justify it.

Thanks@JBG is it just a looks pack? If I had to chose on looks, I actually prefer the sport personally.

But there no extra kit? Purely just a styling difference? I see a lot of Vignale come with cream leather too which I hate.

Edit- some above said it doesn't come wth the sport suspension which would be useful as will be the Mrs driving it mostly.

When I looked on the configurator- cream seats were the only trim option which I don't think are very practical for a family bus. The sport looks far better in my opinion. You do get a sunroof for £800 though- which was £2000 on the sport although I think that included heated rear seats.

Hi all, I'm a newbie in so far as posting but have been following various topics on this forum for the 3 months of my Edge ownership. In answer to you Dave I think Ford are pitching the Vignale as a premium experience; there is a separate Vignale sales lounge and a dedicated concierge service where, for example, you can get your car collected for service or whatever from wherever you are and a courtesy car will be delivered to you too. They'll even collect your car, wash it and return it! Styling wise just a few differences from the Titanium. Premium leather, chrome detailing, 20" chrome wheels, unique colours and the excellent Adaptive LED headlights. Didn't convince me though. Went for the Sport!

Nor me- I think the sport looks far better and is better value. And I'd rather wash it myself than some guy do it with a sponge covered in grit. 

If you want a premium experience don't buy a Ford!

• Like 3

Hi all, I'm a newbie in so far as posting but have been following various topics on this forum for the 3 months of my Edge ownership. In answer to you Dave I think Ford are pitching the Vignale as a premium experience; there is a separate Vignale sales lounge and a dedicated concierge service where, for example, you can get your car collected for service or whatever from wherever you are and a courtesy car will be delivered to you too. They'll even collect your car, wash it and return it! Styling wise just a few differences from the Titanium. Premium leather, chrome detailing, 20" chrome wheels, unique colours and the excellent Adaptive LED headlights. Didn't convince me though. Went for the Sport!

Cheers, that's kind of what I wanted to know.

I want the sport looks but comfort of a titanium.

Leather would be a nice to have however I absolutely do not want cream with a potential young family!

Concierge service won't be relevant as I'll buying a second hand one.

Headlight would be nice as I've read on here they're pretty poor, so just keep an eye out for one with everything I want I suppose!

You're welcome. Have a test drive in both Titanium and Sport (  or ST line as it is now) nearer the time and I think you'll be surprised just how comfortable the Sport is. I have no complaints! But do try to get one with the LED headlights. 

You're welcome. Have a test drive in both Titanium and Sport (  or ST line as it is now) nearer the time and I think you'll be surprised just how comfortable the Sport is. I have no complaints! But do try to get one with the LED headlights. 

Yeah, I certainly will. I've been looking and I can't see this colour available anywhere else.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704194556815

Nice! Looks like Kona blue which was a launch colour and no longer available so will be rare. If you're in no immediate rush I would suggest considering holding out for SYNC 3 which I have found to be a big improvement over SYNC 2 which this car has. 

Nice! Looks like Kona blue which was a launch colour and no longer available so will be rare. If you're in no immediate rush I would suggest considering holding out for SYNC 3 which I have found to be a big improvement over SYNC 2 which this car has. 

Typical! Yeah I'm in no rush, waiting to complete purchase of a second house in 18months, then the family will begin and would like it before then.

Going to be looking for Kona Blue
Powershift
Heated and cooling seats
Pano roof (not sure they're available on sport)
Lane assist
Pre collision
LED lights.

Going to be a tall order I feel.

I'd second that about sync 3- which gives you quite a small window of late 16 early 17 cars- not sure how the new car tax rules work on secondhand cars but I know it was significantly more to tax a new one (with a list price of £40k+) from April 1st 17 onwards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clarked6 said:

Typical! Yeah I'm in no rush, waiting to complete purchase of a second house in 18months, then the family will begin and would like it before then.

Going to be looking for Kona Blue
Powershift
Heated and cooling seats
Pano roof (not sure they're available on sport)
Lane assist
Pre collision
LED lights.

Going to be a tall order I feel.

Should be doable- the pan roof on the sport was part of the lux pack so adds the part leather part alcantara heated and cooled seats and rear heated seats. You do lose the roof rails though which is a pain. 

Should be doable- the pan roof on the sport was part of the lux pack so adds the part leather part alcantara heated and cooled seats and rear heated seats. You do lose the roof rails though which is a pain. 

Don't intend on a roof rack as there should be more then enough room. So should be ok. I get the impression the Kona blue will be the hardest part.

I'd second that about sync 3- which gives you quite a small window of late 16 early 17 cars- not sure how the new car tax rules work on secondhand cars but I know it was significantly more to tax a new one (with a list price of £40k+) from April 1st 17 onwards

Sync 3 as opposed to?

As opposed to sync 2 which the one in your link had 

As opposed to sync 2 which the one in your link had 

Got you, the link was more for the colour then the car. Hence why I hadn't made the connection.

How come there was such a small window for the sync 3? I'm assuming the sync 2 came before, so what comes after?

Yeah sync 2 was first and sync 3 started on cars built after Sep/oct 16 I think. The window I meant was the gap between sync 3 coming in and the car tax going up in Apr 17. So in that window you'd have sync 3 and cheaper tax- after April 17 you still get sync 3 

Yeah sync 2 was first and sync 3 started on cars built after Sep/oct 16 I think. The window I meant was the gap between sync 3 coming in and the car tax going up in Apr 17. So in that window you'd have sync 3 and cheaper tax- after April 17 you still get sync 3 

As I'll be buying second hand, the tax won't make much difference will it?

I've got a 58 BMW so just pay £30 a year, so haven't taken too much notice of the tax changes.

I don't know-I got mine new in March and if I'd left it until after April is was going to be an extra £300 or so a year to tax because it had a list price of over £40k. (Even though I didn't pay anywhere near that). Not sure how it works on secondhand cars though-.i would have thought similar otherwise people would just move them to their wives names to get round it. Worth checking up on.