Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 Day Enhancement Detail - Shaodow Black ST3

Marcr1

So I picked up my brand new Shadow Black ST3 apporoximately 4 weeks ago. I'm a bit of a clean freak with my car (but then again who isn't on here right?!?) 

I toyed endlessly with the idea of not allowing ford to clean my car before picking it up, to avoid the dreaded dealer swirls. But in the end I decided against the idea and let Ford prepare it their way. 

Well it turned out to be a mistake! When I collected the car it had dried in birds *****, the transportation stickers were only half ripped off, door shuts were caked in green sap and the paint had a few swirls. So I grumbled to the salesman who agreed it was no fit state to be handed over. 

He swiftly got the dealer cleaners to get it spruced up, my car got whisked away for half an hour, where they must've taken sand paper to the car. It came back looking even worse than before. 

I was not happy! So kindly asked to speak to the manager, in which time he couldn't apologise enough and we came to an agreement that I could take the car to a detailer of my choice who would correct the paintwork damage and Ford would cover the costs :) 

I then booked the car in to Specialie detailing in Cwmbran. Emilio is a great guy, very knowledgeable and eager to get started on my car. It was booked in for a 2 day enhancement detail costing an eye watering £400. 

Ford gave me an eco sport diesel whilst my car was in the garage for 5 days which was a nice gesture. Not a bad car overall but a million miles away from my ST. 

Speciale detailing ended up keeping my car in for 4 days to completely restore the paintwork as a pose to just enhancing it. They weren't overly busy and I had the courtesy car so made perfect sense to me. 

Anyway here are the pictures of the car:

93ECCDD8-3F30-402F-A885-14B90210AE7B_zps

BDD2ECBE-081C-4115-9EBF-FFAE1342FDC3_zps

402476B8-B30F-46C5-8428-FE453509C19E_zps

2AC028D2-E708-44A2-909D-68A1DE1699E4_zps

2FDF175A-CDB0-4D8A-8E5F-00624DC82CED_zps

F00ADDEB-0492-4047-963E-B2885893FBF6_zps

87E2BBA6-F463-40E0-A61E-5BEB7C686E38_zps

328846E6-AFB5-4E3A-99A1-5182F35B6905_zps

F3558B73-4CC6-4CDF-A6D9-3E7E36E8C1CE_zps

41A05535-852B-4E17-AB6C-2BFA0C6F8E80_zps

A5FD5E15-5132-4D9B-8353-E07A60A20ECB_zps

And a video of the reflections:

http://rs1286.pbsrc.com/albums/a610/Marcr11/B94D91FB-1EFC-4BE0-ACA6-FEC8F1E617F7_zps5j4l0ftv.mp4?w=160&h=160&fit=clip

Overall so happy with how the car is looking now, especially considering it cost me nothing!

• Like 2

just shows how cars can look with a bit of care and attention. unfortunatly the dealers havent the time or staff to do a brand new car justice. even so it shoukd have been better prepared before handing over to you.

• Like 2

I got mine detailed too. Same colour and three doors also. It was then treated to a coating of Crystal Serum. Looked the mutts nuts. The detailer put a gallery on his website because he mostly got £100k+ cars going in and mine made a change :tongue:  By the time I made Ford take it back, the bodywork was the only decent part of that car!

Yours is looking good by the way :wink:  Did you get any protective coatings applied?

• Like 2

NIce  a lot of work went into that  but with respect the minute that you go down the road and it rains  and picks up all the crud of the road and diesel droplets of the lorries good by to all that hard work

• Like 1

Is that rust or grease on your disks? 

Hopefully will just come off with some use and the disks are OK otherwise. 

34 minutes ago, jbell said:

im hoping its not grease!!!!! lol

5 hours ago, GaryPL said:

I got mine detailed too. Same colour and three doors also. It was then treated to a coating of Crystal Serum. Looked the mutts nuts. The detailer put a gallery on his website because he mostly got £100k+ cars going in and mine made a change :tongue:  By the time I made Ford take it back, the bodywork was the only decent part of that car!

Yours is looking good by the way :wink:  Did you get any protective coatings applied?

They're such a stunning colour when clean but dirty so easily! 

I tried to push for a nano coating but I was riding my luck a bit at £400 lol. So it's had two coats of swissvax best of show. 

Im big into detailing myself so once this wears off I'll look at doing some nano coating myself 

1 hour ago, Gizza11 said:

NIce  a lot of work went into that  but with respect the minute that you go down the road and it rains  and picks up all the crud of the road and diesel droplets of the lorries good by to all that hard work

Defo! There was a big thunderstorm the next day lol and the roads were filthy. Just gives me an excuse to keep washing it hey! 

36 minutes ago, jbell said:

It's just rust, it always happens when you wash your car if you notice or if it rains then dries out. 

As you drive off and lightly touch the brakes it rubs off 

totally normal :) 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

im hoping its not grease!!!!! lol

I've noticed once you've greased where needed after some rather heavy braking you get a light coating of copperslip on the disks ; nowhere near as much as (the rust) visible in these pics.  

Makes the brakes a little lumpy but goes away by itself through normal use 

the car looks better than show room new

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club