Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Asking Ford to fit filters supplied by me

chrisjw

I'm about to book my car in with TrustFord for a basic interim service.  All I want them to do basically is change the oil & oil, air & pollen filters & just look the car over, as I've only had it for 2 months. Although it's had 2 services from new & only has 13,500 miles on the clock, the last service was done just over a year ago at around 13,000 miles, so is due one, time wise. I have bought a new genuine Ford carbon pollen filter & Crosland air filter (Euro Car Parts) & was going to fit them myself. However, since I want an oil change, is it out of order to ask TrustFord to fit them for me while it's in & will they in fact accept doing it? Or is it better for me to fit them first & then ask for just an oil change & check over.  Sorry if it's a bit of a weird question, but I've normally done all the above myself on my other cars, but due to ill health & it being a much newer car, I intend to have Ford do it from now on, in order to keep the Ford stamps in the service book.

Chris.

Get Ford to do the full service for your piece of mind. Save the filters for the next service and find an independant garage in the meantime.

• Like 1

Theyll certainly be happy to fit your parts, but may not use the ford stamp in the service book because they can't guarantee their provenance.  Seems to vary by dealer.  You'll get annjnvoice anyway, so no great problem.

Stick with OE or one of the high quality manufacturers such as Mann and Hummel, MAHLE, etc.  Some things aren't worth trying to make a saving on 

So the car is now booked in with TrustFord for a full service (service no.3).  First thing she said was "We've just revised our service prices.  A full service is now £279"....At least it's out of the way for another year, I suppose.

That seems like a lot of mulah for a service. I have recently paid £183 for a service. (Blue Star Service)

On 07/06/2017 at 10:40 AM, chrisjw said:

So the car is now booked in with TrustFord for a full service (Service no.3).  First thing she said was "We've just revised our service prices.  A full service is now £279"....At least it's out of the way for another year, I suppose.

Yes that's around right,mine just cost £249 major service (oil/filter and air filter with plugs etc,no pollen filter as its extra (upto the customer)

That's the intermediate. The major has coolant and brake fluid changed too.

I'll put up what was included in the service after it's done next Tuesday. I booked it in there basically for peace of mind, but I need to source an independent approved garage for the future. My problem is, when I find one, I tend to google reviews & if I read any negative ones, it puts me off the garage. I suppose it's really a case of "Suck it & see".

The problem with reviews is that many customers have a poor understanding of the product, and unrealistic expectations. Having owned and run my own garage I'm well used to left field complaints, the worst being changing someone's wipers and a few days later they had a ball joint fail and their wheel fell off. Of course, they didn't believe it was a coincidence and were convinced we must have done something to his car. All my chap had done is walk out to the car park and slip on new wipers. That was the late nineties, but were it today he'd doubtless be on the internet to leave a bad review.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

The problem with reviews is that many customers have a poor understanding of the product, and unrealistic expectations. Having owned and run my own garage I'm well used to left field complaints, the worst being changing someone's wipers and a few days later they had a ball joint fail and their wheel fell off. Of course, they didn't believe it was a coincidence and were convinced we must have done something to his car. All my chap had done is walk out to the car park and slip on new wipers. That was the late nineties, but were it today he'd doubtless be on the internet to leave a bad review.

I've found this place & it seems quite good. It's about 15 minutes drive from me.  The garage itself seems clean & organised, although I know that doesn't always mean much.........................

http://www.roadrunnerservicecentre.co.uk/servicing/

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 9:25 PM, Jethro_Tull said:

That's the intermediate. The major has coolant and brake fluid changed too.

Not at my ford garage all top up.

On 08/06/2017 at 8:44 AM, chrisjw said:

I've found this place & it seems quite good. It's about 15 minutes drive from me.  The garage itself seems clean & organised, although I know that doesn't always mean much.........................

http://www.roadrunnerservicecentre.co.uk/servicing/

I will look at another garage next.

On 08/06/2017 at 7:38 AM, Jethro_Tull said:

So true,i have been to 3 ford garages local to me and all different prices and do other stuff on the services if either Major or small service,i have asked this

3 days ago when mine went in to see what it included and most of the time its top ups and checking and a few more like filter/plugs on major service.

Best to go to a good not ford garage as you pay less labour and get more parts which i will look at next,i can pay for the parts i have had twice over just for the

labour they charged.(parts were £67 and labour was £142)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club