Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caliper catching alloy

mbow7715

My brake caliper has started catching the alloy. What would you recommend to resolve the issue? Should I trying spacers or grind a little off the caliper?

Shave a mm off the caliper. Non original wheels I presume?

because you say it has 'started' catching the alloy. do you mean it did not in the past (with the same wheels) and now it does?   sounds strange if so. as the front brake pads wear, the caliper moves away from wheel towards the engine so that would make it less likely to catch. I wonder if this means something else is wrong eg. play in front wheel bearing.

• Like 1

@Jethro: You presume wrongly. These are the standard alloy wheels that came with the car. They started catching about a week ago. Took the wheel off and you can see the scratch marks where it scuffs the caliper.

• Like 1

On your profile it says your ST is a 2014, if that's correct do you not think it strange that it's only just started to happen and the best course of action is to fit spacers or remove some of the calipers material?

something must be wrong with the wheel or hub or brakes etc to cause this and it should be looke into further. 

• Like 1

@MarksST: Thank you. I have now booked the car into the local Ford dealer (Arnold Clark) to be on the safe side.

Aye, something's not right if OE alloys suddenly start catching. Let us know what they find, and good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club