Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus gone, Fiesta here!

FMC

What the frick are dual tone horns anyway? I always hear about them but have no idea. Does it sound like a dixie horn!?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FMC

• Flic

• AndrewL

• Jonny87

Top Posters In This Topic

My Volvo was a 2006 SE Sport 2.0D (136bhp) fully loaded. I wanted the D5 but my lease budget wouldn't stretch and at the time it was only available with the tiptronic box anyway! I loved that car though! Got a phot of it after having just driven it through Keider forest somewhere, i'll dig it out sometime!

Re the horn buttons - yes they are too far towards the centre! And as for the horn itself - i literally lol'd when i pressed it earlier - a single horn squeaky thing!!! Where the dual horn manliness in a car horn that i'm accustomed to FFS? :lol:

Excellent - Glad im not the only one! :)

My Volvo was a 2006 SE Sport 2.0D (136bhp) fully loaded. I wanted the D5 but my lease budget wouldn't stretch and at the time it was only available with the tiptronic box anyway! I loved that car though! Got a phot of it after having just driven it through Keider forest somewhere, i'll dig it out sometime!

Re the horn buttons - yes they are too far towards the centre! And as for the horn itself - i literally lol'd when i pressed it earlier - a single horn squeaky thing!!! Where the dual horn manliness in a car horn that i'm accustomed to FFS? :lol:

Wow! Very nice :D I always though the SE Sport looked amazing! We had a 2005 1.8 SE. It was a lovely car, leather, winter pack, lots of lovely toys. The only thing that let it down was the engine... My god it was slow, noisy aswell. For the 4 years we had it, we wished we had got the 2.0D like you had!! :lol:

IMG_0493.jpg

What the frick are dual tone horns anyway? I always hear about them but have no idea. Does it sound like a dixie horn!?

:lol:

No mate - a dual tone horn will usually have one high and one low pitch horn, sounding together at the same time. In the 80s (from whence i learned about all this :P) Ford used to only fit the dual tone horns to the top of the range and sporty models; think XR3i, RS Turbos, Ghias, etc.

Bascially louder, deeper, and more 'purposeful' in tone ;)

Oh right ok thanks! I thought it would be something a bit like this...

. Actually, isn't that you in your new white ZS FMC? :P

Oh right ok thanks! I thought it would be something a bit like this...
. Actually, isn't that you in your new white ZS FMC? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent find!

Hey dood!

nice motor....looks good in the snow!

I found voice tags tough to get along with....

But have you not got voice commands on your phone???

I have...so I press the voice control button in the car, say "mobile name"

it then connects to the phones voice control, which mine then says "say a command" i then say "call ...." and it gives me the option of the name it thinks I said, i say "yes" or "no" and it calls!

Worked ok up to now....have to speak quite loud and slightly electronic to get better results! :lol:

You peeps with you're high tech gadgets in your cars that never work....

the closest i get to bluetooth in my car is if i drink food colouring

lol @ Michael - i've not had bluetooth before, but i had a bad case of greentongue once from a brightly coloured tiptop :P :lol:

@ Piggy - thanks for the tip - i'm sure i'll get along with that much better! I'll get stuck into the owner's manual and have a play tomorrow night when the missus gets home from work! In the meantime, i shall assign voice tags to my main phone contacts in a dalek stylee in readiness for the big trial in the car using the "MOBILE NAME" commands :D

Cheers! :)

lol @ Michael - i've not had bluetooth before, but i had a bad case of greentongue once from a brightly coloured tiptop :P :lol:

@ Piggy - thanks for the tip - i'm sure i'll get along with that much better! I'll get stuck into the owner's manual and have a play tomorrow night when the missus gets home from work! In the meantime, i shall assign voice tags to my main phone contacts in a dalek stylee in readiness for the big trial in the car using the "MOBILE NAME" commands :D

Cheers! :)

took me a while, but the shortcut commands help...but take ages to remember to right word!

The worst thing about the bluetooth is when you press the button, just about to say something in dalek voice so it understands you then your mate shouts our a random word and the system goes on a bender! <_<

I'll be trying the mobile name command on monday for sure, takes forverrrrrrrr to save voice names

does depend on your phone I guess...works fine with me Blackberry :)

would assume same with any other voice tag phone...

good thing about my blackberry is you don't need to prestore your voice...some phones I know do need that!

Me and the missus had a laugh trying to set it up earlier - once we'd figured that "Kimm" (my name for the Ford talking computer - think 'Kitt' but female, and from Essex :P ) - couldn't work out the difference between "Ooh" [0] and "Foouh" [4] and we needed to use "Zeeroh" instead, Kimm still found it difficult to understand our accents so we tried to teach her a few new words, mostly beginning with 'F' :lol:

Poor old girl, she didn't seem too impressed after loads of failed attempts at entering a mobile number, instead Kimm kept trying to put a CD on instead :lol:

One odd thing I notice with bluetooth is that it attempts to 'bond' with the system in tesco whenever I exit their carpark! Only happens at one store though and only on the way out (which is closer to the store than the way in). Anybody else had this?

One odd thing I notice with bluetooth is that it attempts to 'bond' with the system in tesco whenever I exit their carpark! Only happens at one store though and only on the way out (which is closer to the store than the way in). Anybody else had this?

Maybe your car has a similar problem to one i have - there's a really smart girl works on the !Removed! counter in my local Tesco who i wouldn't mind bonding with :lol:

Seriously though, i find this phenomenon of your BT module quite odd :unsure:

Harpenden is only a pain for parking when you want to pop in to Sainsbury's.

Never again. I prefer driving to Dunstable Tesco.

Voice control in the Fiesta sounds a chore ... the MKII Focus doesn't have any problems, unless you know someone called "Pete" and it thinks you say "repeat" :D

Do you live local thesilverfox? Parking is indeed a nightmare here, even worse when we didn't have traffic wardens and the whole town was just like a carpark all day!

Voice control in the Fiesta sounds a chore ... the MKII Focus doesn't have any problems, unless you know someone called "Pete" and it thinks you say "repeat" :D

looool

Pseudonyms are the way forward for instances like this i reckon - and the ruder the better :P

"DIAL NAME"

"£@&$!"

My friend thinks it's hilarious to say "play directory" to the bluetooth lady everytime he gets in my car so he can hear my voice say all the names of the people in my phone book. Of which there are about 7, after that I got bored... But I hate the way it plays my voice back to me, argh! makes me cringe everytime. Hate listening to my voice. As said, most mobile phones don't need to have names programmed in, why is the Fiesta's system so parp.

Do you live local thesilverfox? Parking is indeed a nightmare here, even worse when we didn't have traffic wardens and the whole town was just like a carpark all day!

I live in Luton (near Capability Green), but frequent Harpenden for work meals and socials etc. I was going to get a place there when I moved down from Liverpool, but it's a bit steep to live there only for a year.

looool

Pseudonyms are the way forward for instances like this i reckon - and the ruder the better :P

"DIAL NAME"

"£@&$!"

It's annoying, sure, but totally understand why it gets confused. Otherwise, flawless. Love changing track with voice control, even though there's no need to etc!

I live in Luton (near Capability Green), but frequent Harpenden for work meals and socials etc. I was going to get a place there when I moved down from Liverpool, but it's a bit steep to live there only for a year.

Oh, cool! My cousin works in/on Capability Green :) It is a bit expensive here, I'll be having to move away as soon as I fly the nest, probably a good thing. I've lived here all my life and it's a tad boring to say the least..

Congratulations buddy. Got one at last! hehe. Same looks and colour as mine :)

I would also add I have been really impressed with the stereo, I've got the full 6 Speakers though and big screen display? And I'm coming from an Alpine, MTX, Caliber equipped previous car??

Also don't compare it to an ST Focus, it isn't going to match that BUT I bet you find it a much newer and better design overall seeing as the new Focus is out next year? i find it a fun car to drive that clings round the bends, it's too damn quiet though lol! I've stalled it a few times going round car parks haha.

Ad whilst it is a lil car, I did take myself, my mum, dad and the dog plus luggage and presents to and from my sisters for Christmas!! The boot is very deceptive I find, like a tardis.

I would also add I have been really impressed with the stereo, I've got the full 6 speakers though and big screen display? And I'm coming from an Alpine, MTX, Caliber equipped previous car??

Fair enough mate, I enjoyed the stereo when I got the car but a year on every speaker rattles and squeaks when there is any bass at all. I know someone else with a brand new Fiesta and their stereo is a lot better.

Congrats on finally taking delivery of the Fiesta, looks good :D

I know what you mean about the downgrade in power.. I've driven a Mk7 TDCi ZS since I've owned my petrol one, and even between them two noticed a great difference in power. But now I drive my Mum's 1.5 diesel Clio regularly, I appreciate diesel power more :P

I suppose you'll get used to how the diesel drives etc and it will be more than powerful enough once you're used to it :)

If you can't possibly cope with the diesel, i'd be willing to do a swap :lol: purely because I should have bought a diesel, and prefer the Frozen White :P

Oh, cool! My cousin works in/on Capability Green :) It is a bit expensive here, I'll be having to move away as soon as I fly the nest, probably a good thing. I've lived here all my life and it's a tad boring to say the least..

I recommend moving around at least once. I was born in Southampton, lived in Liverpool for 3 years at uni, a year in Cheshire, back to Liverpool for a year and now in Luton until September. No idea where next ... work have me on international assignments most likely.

Capability Green is a funny one - quite a nice business park ... in Luton? Odd.