Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cambelt change

Dennis the meance

hi guys i own a 09 1.8tdci and wondering how much time and price wise for cam belt aux belt and i believe its running the wet belt system  aswell whats a bench mark timewise and price plz its on 55,000 but believe ford say 10 years 100,000 but would like to change earlier rather than late 

On my previous car the first time the cambelt got changed was about 79 odd thousand. You won't hurt leaving it for longer if it's only on 55k. Can't remember prices though

Just remember its 100,000 or 10 years whichever comes first,will be in the region of £400 best to also have water pump done at the same time 

The main reason for failure is usually the tensioner going bad and not the belt so I would keep that in mind.The 2 belts that need changing the outer timing belt and also the wet belt that runs the injection pump costs anywhere up to £650- £700 including parts at a local garage and at a dealer would be a lot more I'd imagine. The price is high because of the amount of time it takes to strip everything out and put back together something like 6-8 hours depending on the person doing it. If you do it yourself you can get the parts for around £250- £300 that's for belts tensioner gaskets etc. 

I would consider converting the wet belt back to chain as the wet belt wasn't one of fords greatest idea's it was only changed to meet EU emissions in 2008. Its up to you but the water pump doesn't really need to be changed as it is driven by the aux belt.

cheers guys for the answers ill look into it 

On 08/06/2017 at 2:46 PM, Michael1980 said:

the wet belt wasn't one of fords greatest idea's it was only changed to meet EU emissions

I'm struggling to see what effect this could have on emissions.

20 minutes ago, mjt said:

I'm struggling to see what effect this could have on emissions.

So did I when I read about this originally.I'm guessing they thought by reducing the over all weight by changing parts like this it would somehow help. It obviously didn't work cause the engine was discontinued a couple of years later when they could not meet the new emission target.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club