Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cat D Mondeo Advice

beaty19

Hello, just bought myself a 63 Mondeo Cat D.

Its not my first Ford but I have always had Focus's aside from a 6 month break in a Puma and company cars.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I cant believe they wrote it off to be honest but the insurance company said anything over 50% value of the car to fix can be cat D, when taking into account storage costs and transport / main dealer parts etc.) Payout was £6,300.

I know the previous owner and it has had nearly £2k spent in the last 6 months (new clutch and DMF + Main dealer service, brakes all round and 4 new tyres).

The car has full main dealer service history and has been really well kept with just 80,000 on the clock I am happy as it cost just £1800 to buy back from the insurers.

Below are a couple of pics. Extent of the damage is from what I can see

• Bonnet which is creased at the front and will need replacing.
  • Bumper grill needs pulling forward and securing.
  • Slam panel needs replacement.
  • Replacement airbag Drivers knee.
  • Seat belt pretensioners (driver and passenger).

There is no mechanical damage whatsoever, not hit radiator etc. and drove away from the crash which was low speed low impact.

However, I just wanted a bit of advice. Is there a sensor that will need replacing - my understanding is that the quick deceleration and impact is what would have caused the airbag and seat belts to be affected.

There was only a driver in the car at the time with the seat belt plugged in. So will this need the pretensioner seat belt buckle replacing as well as the main seat belt pretensioners itself. Or will the passenger need both replacing also.

Finally is replacing an airbag a skilled job and is second hand suitable from eBay/scrapyard for example. I have replaced seats with airbags before and my uncle is a trained mechanic offering to help. I understands to disconnect the battery and leave for 30 mins+ before connecting/disconnecting these parts.

I anticipate after replacing these parts and resetting the airbag light it should be good to go, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

.1.png.950d275f5f279605aee4badc1141f1e6.png2.png.21e74a794a96b700b166fbc32638b646.png3.thumb.png.b49b1554fd17f5b65f64709799ca0105.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club