Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St line body kit

davyo

I have a Titaium x on a 65 plate 1l ecoboost  (123).Its in deep impact blue,I'm looking at getting side a full St line (s) kit.Any one recommend,seems to be loads of stuff on the bay at various prices so the quality looks like a gamble.I don't mind paying good money but want quality factory fit.Do Ford do them or is there any 3rd part suppliers that do a good quality kit.

Many thanks 

Dave

My 63 titanium had the dress up kit as an option from factory.  The only difference really is that it doesn't have the honeycomb grille. 

Worth checking with your ford dealer. 

Why not just get an ST line? By the time Ford have ripped you off buying the bodykit (remember you have to pay to get it sprayed the same colour as your car), I bet the cost for the upgrade isn't that much different. Then you've got the alloys if you want them, which can easily get up to £600 including tyres. Infact I've just looked into it. Let's say your car is worth £10,000. You could just get an ST-line for under £12,000. You don't have to worry about fitting it, having incorrect colour matching etc. And there's the fact your car won't be worth as much. People will ignore the cost of the body kit when they buy it, so you just end up losing however much money.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Why not just get an ST line? By the time Ford have ripped you off buying the bodykit (remember you have to pay to get it sprayed the same colour as your car), I bet the cost for the upgrade isn't that much different. Then you've got the alloys if you want them, which can easily get up to £600 including tyres. Infact I've just looked into it. Let's say your car is worth £10,000. You could just get an ST-line for under £12,000. You don't have to worry about fitting it, having incorrect colour matching etc. And there's the fact your car won't be worth as much. People will ignore the cost of the body kit when they buy it, so you just end up losing however much money.

i can get a brand new st line for £12k.

it isn't as expensive if ye get used ford parts ps try hills motors etc too on the net 

front splitters are 50-90

sideskirts are 120-170

and rear bumper extensions are around 150 

spoiler 60-120 

can get grills for around 130

if you have a common colour it shouldn't be much of a issue for you finding them and going to ford is expensive try fordparts uk has brand new parts and always been cheaper for me 

ps mines was a 5 door standard titanium I went over the top with my car but all parts had to be sprayed as its hard to find my colour 

IMG_20170517_092037.thumb.jpg.07b026f648fc500f2590d5a812990855.jpg

IMG_20170517_092548.thumb.jpg.976dd1c9ef859bbbff97ce91dff5bea1.jpg

and for info for my car at time brand new was 14k odd new I got it 10months old without bodykit but titanium spec and talked them down from 11k odd to £9,750

if I put normal body kit on with spray it woulda cost me about just under 700ish with painted and fitted I spoke to ford near me they valued  car £1000 over we buy anycar price over at the time because alot of ppl want bodykit ps upgraded wheels are only 150 if yer trade yer old wheels away 

and now I have my car way I want it not the normal to zetec s spec but the spec I wanted  and still in total spend alot less that original buying price infact it saved my car because when someone hit back end of me and was gonna get written off due to cost but because my car has mods that saved the car the engineer valued my under 11k with mods and spend 5.5k fixing my car back to my specific spec 

even if I sell my parts because I got them cheap i break even on most and make a profit on others 

7 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Had a look but interior is horrible,no leather,lower grade sterio no cruise control.I want the Titanium X pack but with the style kit .Was going to order a new one but when the depreciation of mine 17k down to 8k in 18mths so I'm keeping it.Plus I don't want to get any finance 

424.jpg

Have a look on Fordpartsuk for new parts, might need to be sitting down when you see the prices.

should be able to find the front and rear bumper on eBay, should find some STs or ZSs being broken, 5 door skirts will be the hardest to find so might have to buy new, better trying to find genuine ford items over pattern parts.

13 hours ago, MarksST said:

Have a look on Fordpartsuk for new parts, might need to be sitting down when you see the prices.

should be able to find the front and rear bumper on eBay, should find some STs or ZSs being broken, 5 door skirts will be the hardest to find so might have to buy new, better trying to find genuine ford items over pattern parts.

Thanks mate,checked Ford website & can get the 5dr skirt at just under £200 each.Will get them ordered today and the front bumper trim.Bought rear spoiler of a breaking ST 3 off the bay last night.Already have rear diffuser and corner trim.

Have a contact who is mint sprayer and he s going to paint/fit for £550.Used him before and he matched (that light met lime green colour perfect) the colour when I scuffed my wife's front bumper on another Fiesta we had.

I'd chop it in and buy an ST line.  Parts, and particularly paint and fitting, will cost close on as much as the difference in value.  On top of that, insurers particularly dislike body kits so you'll get stiffed, if they'll even cover you at all, whereas the ST line is a a standard vehicle and won't upset them half as much.

On top of that the modifications aren't easily reversible, so you lose you investment when you sell it, and the deviation from standard will command a lesser price if you trade it at a dealer, because the next owner will have the same hassles.

Modifying a car is one thing.  Trying to modify a car to resemble a different model in the range is rarely as cost effective as simply cutting your losses and buying it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

I'd chop it in and buy an ST line.  Parts, and particularly paint and fitting, will cost close on as much as the difference in value.  On top of that, insurers particularly dislike body kits so you'll get stiffed, if they'll even cover you at all, whereas the ST line is a a standard vehicle and won't upset them half as much.

On top of that the modifications aren't easily reversible, so you lose you investment when you sell it, and the deviation from standard will command a lesser price if you trade it at a dealer, because the next owner will have the same hassles.

Modifying a car is one thing.  Trying to modify a car to resemble a different model in the range is rarely as cost effective as simply cutting your losses and buying it.

Dont like the interior and the sterio face on the ST-line (want to keep titanium x spec), however i have seen a  66 plate titanium x with all the kit inc 17in alloys (all factory fit) at LOOKERS.Just waiting for them  to give me good price for mine and i can throw a  couple of grand in.They seem no too keen on part x and cash as they have  already tried to push finance on me today.

• Like 1

I think that it's the finamce that they make their money on. Take the finance and pay it off in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karl46 said:

I think that it's the finamce that they make their money on. Take the finance and pay it off in a couple of weeks.

£12500 screen price I'd like,like them to give me £9500 (would accept £9000)for mine and I'd throw 3k in.Im retired early this October and have no mortgage as paid that off in 92,no credit cards or loans so I probably won't get finance which  I've already told the sales team.

Screenshot_20170612-165406.png

I would agree with the previous comments. Just trade it in for the ST line with the kit on already. Just for practical reasons. 

Cost me a fortune to get the kit painted and fitted.

Worth it in the end tho. She started life as just a standard zetec. Goodluck. 

Point Blur_Jun032017_122555.jpg

Point Blur_Apr022017_182152.jpg

3 hours ago, anya00tan said:

I would agree with the previous comments. Just trade it in for the ST line with the kit on already. Just for practical reasons. 

Cost me a fortune to get the kit painted and fitted.

Worth it in the end tho. She started life as just a standard zetec. Goodluck. 

Point Blur_Jun032017_122555.jpg

Point Blur_Apr022017_182152.jpg

nice car fella

• Like 1

Bought a 66plate Titaium x same colour Deep impact with full St-line kit & alloys.Best of both worlds as get to keep the spec,leather Sony nav,climate cont and cruise control.Only 151 miles on the clock £13500 & got 10k for mine.No hassle at all of Jennings (didn't even try to sway me to do financ) just paid £3500 on the debit card and swap cars over tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well car went  back yesterday oddly with the same reverse noise from the clutch area that my 1st car had when new.That (1st car) car had a brand new clutch fitted  within a couple of weeks but the noise came back within hours.Like others I was just told to live with it by Ford.Eh 17k for a brand new car,don't think so.

So now it's goodbye to Fiesta and time to look for a different  brand.