Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag warning light

Ringer

I spent a good few hours today cleaning my partners 57 plate Galaxy Ghia.

This meant I had to move the drivers seat full forward and backward to get at all the carpet etc.

I noticed a small white (with red painted face) multiway connector loose underneath the front of the seat, on the right hand side (if facing forwards) of the underseat pull out tray.

But I can't find anywhere obvious where this should connect to.

But now the airbag light comes on with the ignition and stays on so clearly I have disturbed something.

Any help or guidance gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Please accept my apologies if this is covered elsewhere in the forum and gently point me in that direction.

Hi Ringer,

I had a look on my car (2007 Galaxy ghia). Looking at the right-hand seat from the front there is a black wiring connector block to the left of the pull-out draw. The loom comes through the carpet and connects to that block which is secured with a 7mm screw.  Hope this helps.

Thanks OB. I'll check later today when I can get to the car.

The large black wiring connector was the culprit it seems.

Removed that, by undoing the retaining screw, applied WD40, reconnected it, all good.

Only 3 segments within the black connector are in use.

The extra connector I was concerned about comes through from the floor loom and appears to be ready to connect to the seat for other (not fitted) options I assume.

Thanks for the ideas.