Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Transit Fault Codes P1103 & P1402 & P0404 - Powertrain

V2Sam

Hello

My ex BT OpenReach Transit keeps repeating these fault codes.

It's a T350 MWB 2007 Mk7 with the 2.4L PHFA Duratorq Engine and 102k miles on it.

P1103 - Powertrain (Pending Fault)

P1402 - Powertrain (Pending Fault)

P0404 - Powertrain Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit (Pending Fault)

The engine warning light only stays on as soon as the engine starts, never comes on whilst driving. Once the engine has started and run a few minutes or done a journey I can remove the fault codes with my WiFi code reader and restart the engine and it's ok. Sometimes it starts from cold ok and the warning light doesn't come on, but rarely.

I've fitted brand new later design EGR Valve and new MAP Sensor which appear to be the cause of those fault code errors, unfortunately they haven't cured it.

Even with the engine fault light on the van runs perfect and not in limp home mode etc, it still only does 22mpg which is pretty normal for my low geared diff fitted to these vans.

I've read a few different posts saying it should have a software update ?

Anybody got any ideas on what to check next before I have to bite the bullet and take it to a Main Dealer or just ignore the warning light ?

Screenshot_2016-12-11-16-33-42.png

Screenshot_2017-01-28-12-07-39.png

Need a later pcm update, there was a known issue with certain pcm software which caused this. Basically the egr is not given chance to cycle . Try this, clear the dtcs. Then everytime you Start engine wait a little while before cranking engine over. See if this stops engine light coming on. It's was a temporary fix while ford did another update.

• Like 1

Thankyou Ian, will try it again shortly :thumbsup:

I'm just in a couple of weekday evenings process of fitting new Bosal exhaust silencer and longer rear pipe to quieten it down a bit lol

I did a 240 mile round trip this weekend and like you said I waited a short while after the glow plug light went off before turning the key to start it. Most of the time it was ok but a couple of times over the weekend it still came on and I cleared the same fault code before trying again. Certainly much better.

Interesting point was this weekend at the end of the 120mile return drive in 30+DegC temperatures I stopped to fill it up with diesel and after leaving the fuel station it was very low on power and acceleration almost like limp home mode, there were no instrument lights on the indicate a problem. I've not tried it today but I'm hoping it was possible a turbo/engine sensor temperature fault from been stood in the hot garage forecourt for 10 mins whilst I filled it up ?

Oh and whilst I have an experts thoughts, it has an annoying slight vibration/noise from the chassis that I can feel through my feet. When I'm accelerating, under load or carrying weight in it it's quiet, but on main roads at 50-70mph at a steady speed it's worst. I've checked the obvious things like prop shaft bearings, leaf spring mounts, anti roll bar bushes etc.

I can't quite decide if the noise is coming from the front or rear, almost sounds like it's under the cab or slightly rear of it.

Also checked it's not the exhaust silencer touching the chassis which would sound like the most accurate reason, but sadly not.

• 1 year later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:26 PM, V2Sam said:

Oh and whilst I have an experts thoughts, it has an annoying slight vibration/noise from the chassis that I can feel through my feet. When I'm accelerating, under load or carrying weight in it it's quiet, but on main roads at 50-70mph at a steady speed it's worst. I've checked the obvious things like prop shaft bearings, leaf spring mounts, anti roll bar bushes etc.

I can't quite decide if the noise is coming from the front or rear, almost sounds like it's under the cab or slightly rear of it.

Following this thread as I too have similar noises.

Any solution to yours yet Sam!

11 hours ago, Scarbs said:

Following this thread as I too have similar noises.

Any solution to yours yet Sam!

No, I sold it.

Went to back to a 2.0L Vivaro with A/C, 6 Gears, 40+mpg, 100mph too easy without realising and comfort like a car again ;-)