Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet footwells?

spitfire123

hi all,

been noticing recently in thsi cold rainy weather that my footwells are getting soaked?

like today it took a bin liner full of tissue to dry them out!

i dont have a clue where its comming from though? i checked all under the dash and none of that is wet or anything, so the heater valve isnt leaking i dont think...and the coolent leve is around the same i last looked at it.

any ideas?

cheers

Hi, I am not a Fiesta driver, but the first thing I recalled is the pollen filter. Maybe it's installed badly during a change, and allows water to pour in.

I have a 58 plate fiesta that has today gone in to the dealership to have a leak fixed - and the carpet and underlay stuff taken out and fully dried.

I found my drivers side front and rear footwells to be soaking wet and I got 4 pints of water out of the carpet alone, the mats were dripping and the underlay stuff I could feel was still soaking. And the interior steaming up really badly!

Having had Ford take a look at it, it turns out to be a manufacturing fault where a seal was missed off of the A frame (or A pillar, can't remember which they said and don't know where it is!) Basically, they said there should be one on the inside and outside - but mine has one missing - so it has been collecting water since I had it from new in October 08!

This may be something to consider, and if your car is over a year old, Contact Ford Customer service, or get your dealer to, and get a case number set up. They will tell you water ingress is not covered on cars over 1 year old but if it is a manufacturing fault, Ford should pay as a goodwill gesture.

Good Luck!

• 6 months later...

Was valeting the car today, only to find my rear footwell was like a swamp <_<

Previously my boot had a severe leak and 2nd gear is popping out, can't stand the poor build quality any more.

As soon as i can afford a Focus ST, its bye bye Fiesta :(

Does anybody know how long the warranty for water ingress is? I'm sure that I read that it was a year

Thanks

Another vote for a badly fitted pollen filter. It's a common problem on Mondeos and, from the look if it, other models.

I always get mine on eBay and fit it myself, and leave the garage with the difficult and/or dirty service jobs. Replace every 2 years, I presume?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club