Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Fiesta do I go for?

Kingsley91

Quick question - what is the difference between the red/black edition (140) rather than the standard 125 zetec s? thanks for your help!

17 minutes ago, Kingsley91 said:

Quick question - what is the difference between the red/black edition (140) rather than the standard 125 zetec s? thanks for your help!

Other than the map and head gasket, it has a different open diff, which shortens all the gear ratios for quicker in gear acceleration.

As of around 2016 (or end of 2015) you could order the standard Zetec S (or ST-line as it's now called) with the 140PS too. No longer exclusive to the Red/Black edition. My Dad has a Zetec S 140PS in Magnetic, although he's planning to sell it in the next few months due to a change of job :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Other than the map and head gasket, it has a different open diff, which shortens all the gear ratios for quicker in gear acceleration.

As of around 2016 (or end of 2015) you could order the standard Zetec S (or ST-line as it's now called) with the 140PS too. No longer exclusive to the Red/Black edition.

so does that mean it does higher revs at higher speeds? sorry not the most techiest/knowledgable with these car terms! cheers for your reply though alex! 

2 minutes ago, Kingsley91 said:

so does that mean it does higher revs at higher speeds? sorry not the most techiest/knowledgable with these car terms! cheers for your reply though alex! 

Yes revs will be slightly higher at any given speed in the 140PS compared to the 125PS.

My Dad still got 50 MPG from his 28 mile commute though, so I don't know if it makes a big difference to fuel economy.

• Like 1

Try looking for 65 plate and onwards, they should have the LED daytime running lights, DAB radio unit and nicer 17 inch alloys. For commuting the 125PS is the better option, will be quieter, lower RPM and better MPG whilst cruising at any speed.

From what I can remember (use to own one) the 140PS does around < 3000RPM at 70MPH in 5th gear and I felt it was crying out for a 6th gear. I currently drive an ST (late 16) and one of the first things I noticed was how much more pleasant cruising at 70MPH is, less engine noise.

In terms of MPG and on the same 54 mile round trip journey to work, when eco driving I am averaging 42/44MPG in the ST. In the 140PS I was averaging 46/48MPG.

Not recommending the ST though, the steering setup / suspension can make it a very tiring car to drive for some people, especially on those long bumpy roads as you will find yourself constantly adjusting the steering. And the suspension is harsh.

1 hour ago, Ad@m said:

Try looking for 65 plate and onwards, they should have the LED daytime running lights, DAB radio unit and nicer 17 inch alloys. For commuting the 125PS is the better option, will be quieter, lower RPM and better MPG whilst cruising at any speed.

From what I can remember (use to own one) the 140PS does around < 3000RPM at 70MPH in 5th gear and I felt it was crying out for a 6th gear. I currently drive an ST (late 16) and one of the first things I noticed was how much more pleasant cruising at 70MPH is, less engine noise.

In terms of MPG and on the same 54 mile round trip journey to work, when eco driving I am averaging 42/44MPG in the ST. In the 140PS I was averaging 46/48MPG.

Not recommending the ST though, the steering setup / suspension can make it a very tiring car to drive for some people, especially on those long bumpy roads as you will find yourself constantly adjusting the steering. And the suspension is harsh.

Thanks for the info Adam, I appreciate it. I have found this one, I don't know why but I just love the black alloys and it looks so nice... 2122652_infinity.jpg?itok=rs8O2jSt&times

Full details there.. http://www.taylors-pitstop.com/used-car-ford-fiesta-10-zetec-s-red-edition-3dr-5621 - or its a case of going for a normal 125 like this, same company.. bit cheaper and less miles.. 2124554_infinity.jpg?itok=I-VjP0AV&times

I don't knowwwwww. why is this soo hardddd!! 

I'd take the red edition. They look super smart, but isn't trying to be something it isn't (pet hate).

The bottom one looks like it has the titanium alloys, which don't look as good imo.

3 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I'd take the red edition. They look super smart, but isn't trying to be something it isn't (pet hate).

The bottom one looks like it has the titanium alloys, which don't look as good imo.

Exactly, i mean if that had black alloys and privacy glass then id be tempted (basically the same as the red edition.. but in blue.. heh).

Hope it's still there in a few weeks.. 

But the black makes the wheels look smaller.

16 minutes ago, gismo2 said:

I love mine black car .

ford-fiesta-sport-1_0-ecoboost-navi-black-edition_2.jpg

thats pretttyyy, i love that!! I did some more research this morning because I had that "lecture" from the parents as im getting a loan from the bank to pay for the car (rather than finance on the car itself) and I found this... £1300 cheaper than the red edition, less miles than the red edition.. coming from Ford itself in Guildford.. privacy glass and the wheels dont look too bad either..  

imagefile.php?att=aW1hZ2VzL3VzZWQtdmVoaW

http://www.baronsgroup.co.uk/ford/used-cars/fiesta/zetec-s/bd14xhh

thoughts..? :D

nice car mate they look like 17's on that one, if you like black why not get them professionally sprayed black, why not up your budget and get that RS just above the roof :wink3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

nice car mate they look like 17's on that one, if you like black why not get them professionally sprayed black, why not up your budget and get that RS just above the roof :wink3:

i could do that, i am a complete novice when it comes to what you can / cannot do with cars / mods / tyres etc and then the cost, but what im saving i should be able to afford. the RS would be insane on the insurance.. and i think its just a bit too big for me :D

my insurance was fairly simple on looking at what i can and cant do, it was all online so it told me before it made the change, where as admiral do it by email which im on now, its a pain in the back side but still simple to do, 

1.0 Ecoboost! very nippy and really good on fuel, can't complain. 

19 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

my insurance was fairly simple on looking at what i can and cant do, it was all online so it told me before it made the change, where as admiral do it by email which im on now, its a pain in the back side but still simple to do, 

ive got a quote for the red edition and it comes in at under £300, which is like £30odd a month and super manageable. not bad!

5 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

1.0 Ecoboost! very nippy and really good on fuel, can't complain. 

what  sort of revs does it do at 70mph+? just out of curiosity, my KA does like 3.5k revs at 70mph ish.. and feels like its about to blow up.. 

Just now, Kingsley91 said:

ive got a quote for the red edition and it comes in at under £300, which is like £30odd a month and super manageable. not bad!

what  sort of revs does it do at 70mph+? just out of curiosity, my KA does like 3.5k revs at 70mph ish.. and feels like its about to blow up.. 

I'm not sure I had mine over two years ago, if you can afford it go for the black or red edition 140ps! very nippy : ) 

1 minute ago, Rob2017 said:

I'm not sure I had mine over two years ago, if you can afford it go for the black or red edition 140ps! very nippy : ) 

it's a toss up between that red one I just found and the red edition i posted earlier on. i think i can afford both, but i would obviously have to borrow more  for the red edition and its a 5 year loan so I have to make sure I have the car for 5 years... and it doesnt break :D

• Like 1

That red one is nice, looks a nice car. Have you test drove it?

2 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

That red one is nice, looks a nice car. Have you test drove it?

not yet. i only saw it this morning but ill probably go over there at the weekend. then its a case of getting the money!

• Like 1

Nice, always worth running a HPI check before purchase too for the price.  

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I walked into my local dealership today to see what was available, and ended up purchasing a ***** car!!

Got a brand new Ford Fiesta ST-Line Red Edition with some extras on Lease for 3 years. SO EXCITED.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fiesta4Life said:

We want some pics! :P

i'll get some pics when i pick it up. should have it in a week or so. but its the st-line red edition with navigation / city pack / privacy glass / spare wheel. SO EGGCITEDD

• Like 1

On 18/06/2017 at 9:46 AM, Kingsley91 said:

i'll get some pics when i pick it up. should have it in a week or so. but its the st-line red edition with navigation / city pack / privacy glass / spare wheel. SO EGGCITEDD

As your leasing it I don't think you can do any of the "mods" you were talking about earlier.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club